1930s Western Flyer Who made this ??

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That frame shape looks similar to some pre war Wards Hawthorne's i have seen online as well as that paisley chain guard
and it seems like most of there bikes where built by H.P Snyder so that's my guess
Either way that's a really nice find :41:

HP Snyder and CWC made the "same bike". Subtle differences, sold as the same model, but this is of Cleveland Welding Co. origins. Such a beautiful find.

The correct dropstand would be the CWC braced stand, like the Colson stands, but without cotter pins. Not found every day but this bike is worth the search.

I have or have had 22 Cleveland Welding bikes and every one of them had a serial number consisting of one letter and five numbers so when I saw the six numbers on this I just assumed it was a Snyder.

Where'd you see the serial? Is a picture not showing up for me?

I thought it looked like a CWC - I was looking at the wrong serial number pic which really messed me up. OOPS! But the good news is that is a fantastic find - front & rear lights, saddle, tank, chain guard, rear carrier - drop stand is one of the easier parts to locate. The reflector on the rack is incorrect but you can usually pick one up on ebay for $10. Excellent score!

I thought it looked like a CWC - I was looking at the wrong serial number pic which really messed me up. OOPS! But the good news is that is a fantastic find - front & rear lights, saddle, tank, chain guard, rear carrier - drop stand is one of the easier parts to locate. The reflector on the rack is incorrect but you can usually pick one up on ebay for $10. Excellent score!
Thank you for the reply & the information..It is appreciated ..:)

Yup cwc like a Roadmaster. Looks like a 1938. Would you be interested in selling it? I see its an old post from early in the year but i gotta ask. If it does pop up for sale, I'm your huckleberry.

Back