1936 Hawthorne Flo-Cycle

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't have pics just yet, but I'm psyched to be taking possession of a Monark-made Hawthorne Flo-Cycle frame this weekend for FREE! I was dreaming about someday building a bike around a Silver King frame today on Facebook, and a friend said he had a frame really similar to what I had pictured sitting around, and he'd be happy to give it to me!! He described it, and I've determined it's a Flo-Cycle. Now I need TWO Silver King front forks (or I'll just use one of those Monark springers). Anyone?? I'll post pics when I get it. Hopefully, it's fixable. :)

It's in the bed of my truck. You know how one would look if it had been in the salty sea air for years? Kinda rough and chalky? Yeah, that and the twin tubes have been removed and are mostly missing. Oh, and the chainstays are just a chainstay. The head badge may be worth something. The frame, though, will never be more than an interesting piece of yard art. It was worth the price. And, I got to meet an interesting bike nut. :D

Back