1950 Schwinn Lady's Panther

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
Built this one for my girlfriend. I didn't have much time to make a thread while I built it because of work and getting ready for school so I apologize. She was riding this cheap aluminum 24" Wal-Mart bike and needed to have a real bike if she wanted to go on bike rides with me:cool2: Anyway, I bought the bike off of craigslist for $50, and started to part it out but there wasn't much interest so I decided to build it. Her favorite color is purple so that was the plan
How I purchased it. Mostly all there; only problems were the delta head light was in half and the rear tire wasn't original.

After parting it out. frame, crankset, and handlebars were the only parts left.

Bought this seat from a fellow member and decided that I would try my first seat build lol

Ripped the cover off, sanded the pan down, sprayed it black the cleat-coated it to keep it from rusting

Here's the leather I bought

The lacing I was to tie it all together with

Cut it up and started lacing it. It was my first seat and I think it came out alright. I need to buy a riveter for my next one though.

Had to sign it

Sprayed it with water proofing that I bought for my work boots.

Then I lathered it with Kiwi Saddle Soap which is supposed to wax it and clean it up.

I don't have any pictures of me sanding, buffing, and priming but here's the finished product:
Axel on the front hub was too short for the front fender to fit so I had to order a new one and have it delivered next day. We were leaving for school in 2 days and I wanted to have her ride it before we left.

Got the paint off of the head badge and LOVED the brass, plus it would go well with the bare metal frame

There she is riding it before the front fender was on

Next morning got the new axel on and the front fender on it. Didn't get to go for a ride with the fender on it though

In NEED of a cheap Delta Rocket Ray headlight, then again....who isn't?:rofl:

Came back for fall break a couple weeks ago and we went on a ride. I'm really happy with the bike.

There she is with her bike

And here is our bikes together

Back