1952 Girls Panther - Original

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Picked this up Saturday from the original Owner. She got it for her 9th birthday in April of 1953. An only child, she said she decked it all out with the suicide spinner wheel, saddlebags, streamers, speedometer and crashrail seat to match her dad's Harley. Her dad replaced the girls chain ring with the boys Phantom ring to help her get it moving faster. I have the original saddlebags and a mudguard and will add them back to the bike when I detail it in the next couple weeks.

100_4100.jpg

100_4102.jpg

i have one i'm restoring for my wife now she knows what it's gonna look like , thanx for posting your bike , very cool score original & from the original owner ! great bike great story 8)

~Ralph

She must of went too fast as it has a front caliper brake. Did they mount it through the fender mount?

cman said:
She must of went too fast as it has a front caliper brake. Did they mount it through the fender mount?

Her dad was a machinist and I think he threaded it into the front housing of the steer tube. It's a locking fork so no through and through caliper mount was possible without breaking the lock.

She said it was added in 1955. I'll probably leave it off when I detail the bike.

Latest posts

Back