1954 Schwinn Leader build!!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Scored this bike at a swap meet in Gas City Indiana. (Ducktail Run) Found out that it is a 1954 Schwinn Leader.
IMG_1367_zpsb33318f4.jpg

IMG_1368_zps32403df3.jpg

IMG_1370_zps199e2ad0.jpg

IMG_1371_zpsfde539f5.jpg

IMG_1372_zps17c8861c.jpg

Finally got her together today!!!!
IMG_0211_zps4rci9ah2.jpg

IMG_0211_zps4rci9ah2.jpg

Its supposed to have truss rods but the ones i have are really in bad shape so I have yet to repair them and put them on. But hopefully I can share pics soon with them on!

Great bike! Any update? I recently picked up a 53 or 54 leader and the interwebs are starved for pics and info about these bikes. I was going to sell it but I wouldn't even know what it's worth. Also if it's this rare I guess I should keep it!

Not really an update in the process of moving so all the fun stuff is in temporary storage but what I've found that they were made in 1954 has a middle of the road kind of bike with minimal chrome but as far as I know they were only made for one year. Ive found two on the internet but thats all. And like you said they're is very little info on them. Would love to see a pic of your bike!

If this bike would have come with a tank and rack it would have been a Streamliner. I believe the Leader is the stripped version of that model. Gary

Back