1962 Schwinn Typhoon 20" Pig Bike

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well after setting up my tires to photograph I determined that the Lightning Dart is probably not NOS after all. I don't care, it is still good enough to use on the bike. Just doing full disclosure here.

The Ribgripper is NOS though, it still has a sticker on one side with the price I believe.
The odd thing (I thought) was that it only has writing on one side. I see that on newer tires but I don't recall the older tires being like that.

View attachment 184530View attachment 184531View attachment 184536View attachment 184533View attachment 184534View attachment 184535
I sure like where this is going

I sure like where this is going
If you wish to follow the progress from this point, I have a thread in the Build Off #17 build journals called Hawg Wylde, My 1962 Schwinn Typhoon 20" bladeblah.
Then I found an easier way for you to get there.

Link here:

https://ratrodbikes.com/forum/threa...0-pig-bike-build-off-17-class-1-entry.115766/
Not that I wouldn't try to keep this updated as well but I am having enough trouble actually doing anything, posting progress there and keeping up with what I refer to as.....
Life in the Slow Lane. (I gave up fast years ago.)
It will surely make you lose your mind. Yeah.

I feel like I am letting this thread die, so I am letting any new viewers know it is transfered to Hawg Wilde, my 1962 Schwinn Typhoon Pig Bike in the Build Off #17 Class 1 build journals.
Thanks for looking here at my project!
Rob

Getting down to the wire in Build Off#17 and I am pushing ahead way slower than warp speed on this. I do have half the shifter working although I dad cheat a bit.
But that will be covered in my build journal linked above
Thanks for following the build whichever page you are on!
Rob

Latest posts

Back