1976 Sears (Huffy) MX - Minty Fresh - Still In Texas

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kingfish254

BUILD COOL BIKES AND HAVE FUN!!
Pro Member
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
130   0   0
Check out this minty fresh garage/attic kept 1976 Sears (Huffy) MX that I picked up today. Sad story behind it though. It was bought new for a boy that had Downs and he only rode it a couple of times. The father kept it all the years in the garage/attic. The father recently passed away and the had an estate sale.
WP_20150516_12_01_31_Pro (1024x720).jpg
WP_20150516_12_01_49_Pro.jpg
WP_20150516_12_01_57_Pro.jpg
WP_20150516_12_02_03_Pro.jpg

That looks like something RatRod would be showing us... Wow!
Sad story tho.

Funny you should say that. Steve was the first person I contacted when it popped up on CL late last night.
(He was also the first person to contact me about it after I bought it!!! :D)

Perhaps it was the words " minty fresh ". :rofl:

No other way to describe it. Take a look at the ends of the grips!!! No scuffs at all.

Searching around on these, about the only two I can find is mine and the one that @tanksalot has.

WP_20150518_17_57_26_Pro.jpg

I think the orange will stand out against Steve's wooden wall.

Very nice bike!!! I like the story behind it too. Back in the seventies there was a kid a couple of blocks away from me who had Downs. His dad bought him a Murray Fire Cat. All of us kids had either MX bikes or hand-me-down banana seat bikes at the time. The muscle bike era had been over for years now. So he shows up riding this crazy candy purple bike with flames and a long chrome front fork. We never saw anything so cool and that kid felt like the king of the streets on that bike.

Very cool. From my hands to yours in only 5 days!

Glad to see it has landed safe and sound and that it has gone somewhere it will be taken care of and appreciated. The only sad part of the bikes story is that the original child might not have been able to enjoy the bike.

I loved this little ride the first time I saw it and am glad to have it in my stable.. Don't know if it will ever leave. I have a problem selling any of my bikes..

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back