1977 Raleigh Sports

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Today I picked up this 1977 Raleigh Sports. It has a few dings on the rear fender and is in need of an overhaul. Yet it is all original, even the tires. All thats missing is the kickstand, seatpost nut and bolt, and the Brooks label from the rear of the seat. All of the R nuts are present. It will be overhauled and placed among the rest of my British fleet.

001-6.jpg

002-6.jpg

004-2.jpg

Nice looking find.

I parted a girls version last fall, should still have the kickstand if you need one.

Sadly, at only 5' 9", most road bikes are too tall for me, hence my cruiser and musclebike interests.

~ AL

I have a box of kickstands to go through, could you possibly send me a picture of yours to see if I have a match?

I am only 5'8" and these fit me fine. Raleigh made a few different frame sizes, This one is a 17 inch and fits and I have a few 19 inch bikes that work too.

Now you mention it , that does look like a shorter frame.

Give me a few days to get a pic of the stand, have medical appointments the next couple days :( , then can get out to the shop and pull it out.

~ AL

I just finished a 63 Raleigh Colt that i picked up earlier this year. It had been mostly covered in silver spray paint and after much work i have it back in working order and on the road.

Latest posts

Back