1982 Cycle Pro "Bonzai Pro"

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I was helping a friend move in the early-mid '90s when he tossed his childhood BMX racing bike in the dumpster. I went and got it & later stuck it in my attic. "Found" it in my attic the other day & pulled it out. It is a Cycle Pro / Cyclepro "Bonzai Pro" from 1982 I believe. It has great looking welds on the frame & it has cleaned up quite a bit since this photo:

I don't know much about BMX but I think this was one of CP's higher-end bikes at the time. It is super light and the serial number starts with "T" which I believe makes it a Tange built frame. The forks alone seem to be of value as I have seen lesser quality Tange forks go on e-bay for high dollar. "Tange" is stamped into the bottom of each fork leg.

All original except for the pedals. Thinking of parting it out to support my cruiser addiction.

Last edited:
I wanted a larger size bike, a 26" BMX style bike and found a Cycle Pro bike in 1983. I tried to find that frame again and can't find one.

Last edited:
Back