2 bikes, 3 seats........... schwinn ??'s

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Picked this pair up today off Craigslist.
Thanks for lookin.....

The Suburban is a GG code, july of 71. I've not seen the gold anodized head badge before. I like it!

002-9.jpg

003-10.jpg

I'm assuming the tandem is mid 70's, but I can't find a VIN on it anywhere. Not on the headstem, not on the BB's, not on the left dropout. The only # I can find is a four digit one stamped into the head badge.?? It has been repainted, but the paint job isn't that good, so I can't believe anyone would of filled the stampings in. And if they had, I'd asume I could at least tell that they had. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

001-19.jpg

006-8.jpg

007-8.jpg

the tandem is a twinn. the earlier 5 speeds were "twinn deluxe"'s. yours is at least a 76 model from the looks of the guard but it should have a serial number on the lower front right side of the headtube.

the for digit # on the badge will likely tell you though. its the date it was assembled into a bike, the frame # just tells you the month/year the frame was made.

first 3 digits are the day of the year (001 would be january 1st)

the last will be the last # of the year (6 would be 1976)

thus 0016 would mean it was made on january 1st 1976 (although i think the plant was closed on new years day :lol: )

CCR said:
but it should have a serial number on the lower front right side of the headtube.

the for digit # on the badge will likely tell you though. its the date it was assembled into a bike, the frame # just tells you the month/year the frame was made.

first 3 digits are the day of the year (001 would be january 1st)

the last will be the last # of the year (6 would be 1976)

There is NO evidence of a serial # on the headtube. Strange to say the least. The number in the badge is 2117. So I guess it was built on July 30th (I google searched the 211th day) of 1977. She's coming up on her 32nd birthday. Thanks for the info CCR!!

you got it 77 (sorry didnt see the badge pic before). ill bet the number is there and just covered with spray bomb

deorman said:
That badge looks like it might not be the original, I think I see blue paint through the screw hole. :?

The guy I got it from said he purchased it a flea market store, and it was pretty bad shape, so he completely dismantled it, and gave it a paint job. That may be why you see the paint. Good eye though.

Back