2 Old Girls

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
35   0   0
Picked up this pair of old girls over the weekend. 50 something Rollfast and a war era westfield looking lightweight something or other. Bought them purely for the parts and such.

Always wanted one of these springers. Has a deco stem like the other bike, lobdell drop center's on New Departure hubs. I've got a Zep style frame coming from Crassley so maybe this could be a parts donor for that frame, dont know yet...

002-1.jpg

I was hoping this one had singletube tires but they are US Royal chain clinchers, the Torrington 10's were a bonus though, the cages have surface rust but the blocks are super good. New Departure blackout hubs. I know I've seen that chainring on some other bikes, the headtube has marks from a fairly large headbadge that nearly covered the whole head tube. It was fastened at all 4 corners.

003-1.jpg

They both had a bit of a salty & Slushy ride on the back of the car, oh well.

I think the bottom one may be a Columbia sports tourist. Right around 1942 I'd image due to the blackout ND hubs. It probably has those annoying 26x1.375 rims.

Yeah, that would be snow. Unfortunately the winter had been very mild (never thought I'd say that), the last precipitation was in the form of rain which added another inch to the existing 3/4" of ice on my driveway. wouldn't be an issue if I hadn't built on the side of a mountain :D . The other day I went sideways in the plowtruck for 20' and landed in the ditch, i was barely creeping along when off we went.

the sprung bike is a Rollfast

Latest posts

Back