MBBO 20+24 BAD Apple Peeler

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Right Gear is making the spokes. Captain are you going to be able to get me in to z-Max drag strip to make my finished build pictures and maybe get some Hotties to pose with the bike this year?
Nope. No ā€œinā€ there anymore

Howeverā€¦ā€¦ā€¦I think one could do an awesome photo shoot at Mooresville dragway relatively easily šŸ˜‰

maybe get some Hotties to pose with the bike this year?
Lol this is the only place where the viewers would be criticizing. "The background is distracting from the bike. Could you take pics of it in front of a dumpster or a brick wall?"

I got the spacer cut for the forks this morning. The front wheel laced and trued. Rear wheel and front tire came in the mail yesterday. Tires mounted. Front tire is a ENIX 20x1.75 small brick tread like a Schwinn Westwind. Rear tire is a JERALD 24x2.125 show cart slick. Chain stays spread to accommodate the rear axle. Took it off the stand to check the stance. So far everything seems to be working.
20240906_104332.jpg
20240906_104146~2.jpg

Last edited:
Lol this is the only place where the viewers would be criticizing. "The background is distracting from the bike. Could you take pics of it in front of a dumpster or a brick wall?"
Haha, that was actually my biggest gripe with Hot Rod Deluxe Magazine. All I could think was "get out of the way! I want to see the whole car!"

That Schwinn's looking good! Looks like you did a good job saving the original paint!
Thanks. It's not in terrible condition for a bike that's 61 years old. Took me about 10 hours, a pint of acetone and a couple of terry cloth towels to get the 2 different layers of paint off. It has some scratches but overall not to bad.

Back