2011 Armed Forces Huffy Cranbrook

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, I think she's pretty much finished. Still debating on whether or not to put the fenders back on.

Now before you go off saying "but there's shiny bits on it!!", keep in mind that this bike is supposed to be military inspired, not military issue.

Oh, and be gentle, this is my first custom bike build.

img9550z.jpg

img9540l.jpg

You'll notice that I left some chrome and the white walls, as I said above, that's because I want it to be stylish but yet have a cool military inspired feel.

img9541x.jpg

The ammo can, light, leather satchel & canteen were all sourced from a local army surplus store.

img9542u.jpg

Tank plate with US Army star.

img9543q.jpg

I opted for decently high handlebars because I wanted to be able to ride long distances comfortably.

img9544de.jpg

img9546rv.jpg

Chrome "bullet" style valve caps and shiny chrome chain.

img9547t.jpg

img9548e.jpg

img9549f.jpg

Here you can see my tail light, which will eventually be hooked up to a battery that will reside inside of the ammo can.

img9551g.jpg

Well, hope you guys like it. I certainly had fun putting it all together. Now to work on my wife's bike :)

Cool build... just got a Cranbrook for my girlfriend, so far so good!

Also... this might be incorrect as I was ONLY in ROTC in high school 13 years ago, but that rank pin (staff sgt I think) is upside down.

crump582 said:
Cool build... just got a Cranbrook for my girlfriend, so far so good!

Also... this might be incorrect as I was ONLY in ROTC in high school 13 years ago, but that rank pin (staff sgt I think) is upside down.
I don't know, looks pretty correct to me.
Biscuitandme.jpg

But then again, I'm stuck in the 1870's :wink:

Back