24'' BMX but what is it?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Can anyone I.D. this BMX and it's worth?

Seller says
shimano 3 piece crank, tuff neck headset, new suzue hubs, Alex rims, teatro brakes, redline seat, uni seat post

Thanks!

01717_hX2onJr8rTr_600x450.jpg

Any stampings under the bb housing or the rear inner or outter dropouts.?
Looks like this one was put together with assorted parts by all the different name brands and I don't think I ever remember Tuff Neck making a 1 1/8 threadless stem.. Sweet looking cruiser...

Seller knows the maker of the seatpost, but not the frame? Seems odd.

I realize that that's a pic pulled from a craig's ad, so you haven't seen the bike and can't show us add'l pics, but unfortunately, that pic doesn't show many details (eg, dropouts, headtube junction) that could indicate the manufacturer of the frame. The build seems to be a hodge-podge of different stuff from different time periods, so I'm guessing little(if any) of it is original. Based on that pic, it looks like a typical 24" mid-school race cruiser frame, built up with some nice components from someone's box of spares.. Judging value is tough, at this point.

If you go see it or get add'l pics/info, update on here... maybe one of us will be able to tell you more.... or maybe someone will recognize it immediately..?

Back