26' RUSTY cruiser

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice fork job. And nice job overall!

thanks guys is nice to see some comments, and they're positive too :D

as you can see i had to mount a rear rim on the front cause of the width of the fork... i need a new rim too because this had bad bearings... i scooped a vuelta mtb rim on ebay, waiting for the auction to finish...

i want to put the 26x2.125 rubber back

i'm waiting for the laid back seat post too... should arrive soon

Mugen_Stumpo said:
thanks guys is nice to see some comments, and they're positive too :D

as you can see i had to mount a rear rim on the front cause of the width of the fork...

That fork would be perfect for a coaster brake, Front brake! like this one Double Nickel did..... viewtopic.php?f=51&t=28639

i also have the original drum brake from the scooter... but i really don't know how to lace it to the rim...

btw... i found a new bike in the trash bin... it looks great and it is a freakin' nice wheelie monster...

this is how i found it... dismantled and full of dirt

2kirf8.jpg

here is the after...

seausx.jpg

remount the fork changed the tubes, changed the front brake, clean it... still need new rubber... 20x2.125 rear 20x1.75 front... maybe i'll found some decent red tire

looking good with the vespa twin :lol:

2daai5d.jpg

Rusty will get new front rim tomorrow... still need to figure out how to remove the Cogset from the rear rim... any suggestion???

here the updated pics...

rusty received vuelta usa rim with a 26x2.5 cheng shin tire... i love chinese tires :p

2wpmlw2.jpg

5ovzw2.jpg

102pgsg.jpg

wheelie received some cheng shin/maxxis tires too... 20x2.125 rear 20x1.75 front, changed the brake pads too...

now let the wheelie begin

2cyquxl.jpg

Ciao Ragazzo ! I like both bikes a lot, good job man!
Y also like your Vespa, what year is it?
Ci vediamo!

need to be rebuilt... but here it is, is one of the first vbb2

2ag6r7l.jpg

sorry for the ot :p

Edit... i saw that i wrote 56 in the previous post... i meant 65 :oops:

Yeah, I thought so when I saw the pic, a 56 would have been quite rare... although your 65 is great also.

today i spent a couple hours with rusty...

started whit some super trashed fenders

65rf6d.jpg

stripped them

346uzxd.jpg

used the modded front fender for the rear after widened it, made fixing tabes ecc.

used the frear one to build a little front fender after chopped it up ecc.

zyizxx.jpg

8y6cye.jpg

the rear one

21j7prl.jpg

also fabbed up a number plate... side mounted the plate and the rear light

2jc7m7m.jpg

ve26tt.jpg

2lu9p5g.jpg

2rc0m05.jpg

let me know what do you think... :D

Back