29inch white walls????

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just joined awesome place! Thanks! I just picked up an Schwinn Admiral, 700c 7sp, for free an it's new. I wanna spice it up make it shinny an all that. We're the heck can I find some nice 29er white walls? Or some selection of 29er cruiser tires? There currently 35C wide tires an there's plenty of room

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Woooo dang! Didn't know about the brown an white franks! Thanks!
Now my next question is whTs the biggest I can fit?
I currently have 700cX35c
An it has the appearance of I have a lot of room.
I have a little over a inch from tire to fender
I wanna stay away from returning
Is there some way to check? With out buying the tire, 29er tires get pricy
New thread?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Best thing you can do is carefully measure... how much room do you have between the rim itself and the fender? How much room do you have between the chain stays and seat stays, about an inch out from the rim? Those Franks are about 50mm both side to side and top=to bottom, with some variation depending on the rim (more than 50mm side to side, less than 50 top to bottom on wider rims, vice-versa on thinner rims) but you'll also need some room for the rubber to breathe.... I wouldn't bother trying unless you have 60mm of clearance all around....

Another thing to keep in mind, if you're running the original rims, you risk sidewall failure or rim failure if the rims are too narrow to reasonably accommodate the fat rubber... So, measure those things, too.

Description on the brown and white Franks include the word reflex. So if your idea of a "nice" whitewall includes a reflective sidewall stripe, usually silverish in color,this might be it. I bought another pair of their whitewall "classic cruiser crowd " tires directly from them.Best to talk to customer service before buying.I found the online photo image and description did not match what I received.

CD, i personally think Reflex looks rad, but i could see someone being disappointed with it, especially if they weren't expecting it. It works nice if you ride alot at night, as I do. Which tires did you order from Schwalbe, and which did you get?

Soma New Xpress made by Panaracer. http://store.somafab.com/sonewxptidic.html
yhst-3773699254952_2268_92789713

Latest posts

Back