30's (?) Packard

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Picked up this Ladies Packard bicycle yesterday. Found it on craigslist. I'm thinking it's late 1930's, but I haven't poured over it for numbers yet. It's missing the kickstand and I don't think they're the correct handlebars, but it's pretty darn cool! Hopefully there's fenders left when I get done sandblasting it! lol
profile.png

chainguard.png

rear.png

headbadge.png

Ooh, cool bike! Colson-built, looks like '38-'40ish era. If you decide to go with a standard kickstand for it, any chance you'd sell the dropstand clip? :wink:

Jpromo said:
Ooh, cool bike! Colson-built, looks like '38-'40ish era. If you decide to go with a standard kickstand for it, any chance you'd sell the dropstand clip? :wink:
I want to try to find a dropstand for it (since they're so cool) but if I can't I'll let you know. This one's going to be a rider

A sweet rider it'll be. The thing you have going for it is that your frame has the dropstand ears built into it which makes the stands themselves cheaper if you find one since you don't need one with tabs mounted on it. Enjoy!

Memory Lane classics sells, what I believe are reproductions, for 40$ which is probably on par with what an original would cost if you find one. Their stock changes constantly and you could always call and see if they have an original in. Their prices are very fair.

http://www.memorylane-classics.com/

Bike Parts/Bike accessories

Jpromo said:
Memory Lane classics sells, what I believe are reproductions, for 40$ which is probably on par with what an original would cost if you find one. Their stock changes constantly and you could always call and see if they have an original in. Their prices are very fair.

http://www.memorylane-classics.com/

Bike Parts/Bike accessories
Thanks for the tip! This is by far the oldest bike I've ever had and I'd like it to look pretty original when I'm done

Herman said:
Looks like the front forks are slightly bent?
Congratulations, You beat Ratina to the punch! :lol: I think in this case however, the misshapen braces and fender are contributing to the appearance of BFD. :|

Frame should be year dated on the BB. A letter and a #, I have a 1937 that's stamped F7 and a 39 stamped K9. It's not with the serial #, it's off to the side somewhere. -Adam

Rustinkerer said:
Frame should be year dated on the BB. A letter and a #, I have a 1937 that's stamped F7 and a 39 stamped K9. It's not with the serial #, it's off to the side somewhere. -Adam
Thanks for the tip! looks like it's been house painted, so, once I start blasting it, I should be able to look for the numbers.

I parted out this 37-38 firestone I still have the kickstand, handlebars/stem, and chrome fenders if you want them it should be about the same as your bike.
firestone1.jpg

firestone3.jpg

firestone4.jpg

Parting out a Packard? DISGUSTING!

It may be a girl's model, but SAVE THIS ONE! I thnik I have pics of some Packard bikes from the Packard Museum of America..its jst 30min south of me.

partsguy said:

It may be a girl's model, but SAVE THIS ONE! I thnik I have pics of some Packard bikes from the Packard Museum of America..its jst 30min south of me.
Did you even read the thread? :?

deorman said:
partsguy said:

Did you even read the thread? :?
I have been known to cut up a girls bike http://www.ratrodbikes.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=49267, but that is NOT happening here. This is too beautiful, and I've been looking for something like this for awhile

I loves me some Colson... but a word to the wise: Don't EVER try to piece one together from a "good deal" on a frame. :roll:

Latest posts

Back