'37 Elfman Streamline Deluxe

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
.... I missed getting my best shot in by a few seconds

Man I am so relieved that you finished!!. I have been so busy with my own pics I have been dying to see who finished. I went straight to your thread. Bravo man! You freaking did it!!! Just amazed by your vision on this one and the skills you had to complete it too!!! CONGRATS!

Man I am so relieved that you finished!!. I have been so busy with my own pics I have been dying to see who finished. I went straight to your thread. Bravo man! You freaking did it!!! Just amazed by your vision on this one and the skills you had to complete it too!!! CONGRATS!

Thanks man, that was the most stressful bike build I've ever done, my hands were shaking. I couldn't have made it if my housemate didn't help clean out the area for the pictures. I had higher aspirations for the pics but I did the best I could with the time and resources available. I didn't start shooting till an hour before the deadline. That first one was off my phone just to make sure I was in. I'm just glad I made it though.

Great backdrop! Pics look great!

For some reason it's not letting me post on your finished bike thread. Dude I know I've said this probably 10 times since you started this build but your bike is amazing. You got murray design with the electro forged style smooth head tube area and curved seat tube, Colson style loop tail, huffman streamline rear end, CWC Roadmaster bug eye front end, black hawk twin tube style. Everything about it is just awesome! I belive I said this at the begining of your build but if you ever decide you wanna sell this thing please message me!! Great job! You have my vote.
:41: :113:

For some reason it's not letting me post on your finished bike thread. Dude I know I've said this probably 10 times since you started this build but your bike is amazing. You got murray design with the electro forged style smooth head tube area and curved seat tube, Colson style loop tail, huffman streamline rear end, CWC Roadmaster bug eye front end, black hawk twin tube style. Everything about it is just awesome! I belive I said this at the begining of your build but if you ever decide you wanna sell this thing please message me!! Great job! You have my vote.
:41: :113:

Thanks, Yep I took all my favorite design elements and mashed it up into one bike. The whole category is closed that's why you can't comment. I'm going to try to post some more pics on here as I get it buttoned up a bit. I know these threads eventually get locked down and archived too, does anyone know when that happens?

These threads don't get locked down, you can still comment, and the "finished" threads will reopen after the voting thread is up and running, they will get archived though, usually RatRod likes to only have one "Competition" in the current list, so it will probably happen just before the MBBO starts on Sept 1.

Luke.

I didn't figure out how to post in finished bikes either but I absolutely love your bike. What an amazing creation! The frame and the shroud are just out of this world. I'm stoked you left it bare metal too. Love it. Love it. Love it.

Great backdrop! Pics look great!

Thanks, but looking at my pictures makes me want to bury my face in hands in shame, I didn't even notice that my front fender had slid down exposing the all thread in the springer till after I took them. My vision was to have my scantily clad spokes model chained to the wall behind the bike and spray of hot sparks coming out of somewhere out of the field of vision. It was gunna be hot! I'm also sad that this picture that I'm sure was in my finished bike thread is gone and it was one of my favorites.

Thanks, but looking at my pictures makes me want to bury my face in hands in shame, I didn't even notice that my front fender had slid down exposing the all thread in the springer till after I took them. My vision was to have my scantily clad spokes model chained to the wall behind the bike and spray of hot sparks coming out of somewhere out of the field of vision. It was gunna be hot! I'm also sad that this picture that I'm sure was in my finished bike thread is gone and it was one of my favorites.
I don't think you realize the "buzz" in the bike world about you. Don't let little things get yA down you did an amazing job and litterally 1000s of people have watched this. Even the better then thou crowd from the other bicycle website has slithered onto here watching this. Awesome job and you got one of my votes already.

I don't think you realize the "buzz" in the bike world about you. Don't let little things get yA down you did an amazing job and litterally 1000s of people have watched this. Even the better then thou crowd from the other bicycle website has slithered onto here watching this. Awesome job and you got one of my votes already.

Now now, be nice, they can't help that they're better than everyone else. ;) Thanks for the vote.

I've always wanted to design a bike that looked like it would have come strait out of a sears 1937 catalog and you my friend NAILED IT. I honestly can say that the frame you made is possibly the most beautiful combo of colson commander rear style dropouts, super streamliner frame and a elgin seat tube curve. Bravo.

Nick.

Where's Waldo? Hey bud, how's this incredible bike doing? Steve just posted a pic of it on the RRB Facebook page. Have you done anything else with it?

Hey kingfish. Sadly I haven't touched it since the Build-Off ended. But there is hope for the future. Last August I started building my welding shop on the back of my barn and it's just about ready for use. And I have a Patron who's commissioning me to build them another frame just like the Elfman I'm going to build two frames and forks simultaneously and I've been gearing up for the production. This one I'm going to build right. I did a lot of questionable work on the original because of the crazy deadline. Now I've got a new tubing roller and the right size dies and the right diameter and wall thickness tubing. It's going to be completely from scratch no more of this hacking up old frames to build a new frame. And I'm going to build a proper frame building jig to assemble it on. I wasted a lot of time and energy doing it wrong the first time. I'll start a thread once I get under way thanks for thinking of me.

That's too cool man. Let me know if you ever want to sell the one that you built "wrong" :eek::happy:

As you know the first try is alway trial & arras . I'm sure you've learned a lot on the build . What to do & not do . I'm sure buy the third one its will be darn near protection . With out a
crunch on the time frame will help for sure [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As a welder, I had fun watching you learn about all that heat. Grinding everything smooth rather than bondo is worthy of the extra labor and your beautiful finished bike reflects all that work.
Awesome build for ANYONE, much less a first time scratchbuilder!
You have earned the attention and kudos!

I'm wondering how many lbs. of wire you went thru....??
It may have been easier to build a forge in the old barn and just pour the molten metal on.........:giggle:
Hat's off brother...I love the way you visualize....
I just got to welding..and I'm havin' a blast with a couple of builds...
This bike and your whole process was very inspirational.....
:thumbsup::thumbsup:
best regards
F r a n c o

CURSE YOU PHOTOBUCKET!!!!!

Latest posts

Back