3i to 8d on an electra rockabilly boogy

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys

I have an Electra Rockabilly boogy and LOVE IT! Unfortunatly I need more gears now and was wondering if it is this possibleto change the internal 3 speed for a 8d system if so what do i need to do it? thanks for your help! :)

I basically want it to have the same set up as the electra delivery 8d.

Thanks in advance everyone!

shouldnt be that hard, just need to get a bolt on derailleur hanger as the three speed frame prolly wont have one..

Scrumby is right.... it shouldn't be too hard. I'm pretty sure that the Electra frames have a derailieur mounting hole, so you might not even need a hanger.

BUT before you go the 8D route, you might want to look into an 8 Speed Internal hub. The Nexus 8's are very reliable, and don't add the clunky look of the deraillieur to your otherwise clean-looking bike.

I have found the nexus SG-8C20 but dont really know what else i will need to fit it and how easy it is? have you done it before? do you have any advice on where to find out if not? sorry dont mean to be a pain with the thousand questions ha ha

Latest posts

Back