4th Annual Midwest Bicycle Swapmeet 4/21/13

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you run out of room in your drive and more people need a place to put trailers let me know mom and dad would be happy to help also

65rat said:
If any of you out of towners need a place to park a trailer Saturday night before, I could probably fit a couple in my drive. I'm 2 blocks away from Swapmeet 8)

Tim forgot to tell you... its free parking, but he will also need the combination to your lock :lol:

So... I am going to make it fun for the kids. After all, I am sure we do this because as kids we had fun on bikes. We are just being big kids with our hobby. Everyone of us probably has a great bike story to tell. I would like to create a great story for a kid this weekend. So, I am giving away a 1976 Scrambler to one lucky kiddo. This thing is clean! It came out of a collection of bikes that is bing sold off. This will be a FREE raffle for kids only. So, if you have kids or know any kids that would like to come... BRING THEM!!!! Let's get them involved in this wonderful hobby!!!!

That is sweet! I'd ride that myself. I'm only 56, but I'm an 8 year old in an old man's body! Thanks Dave for doing such a cool thing! 8)

Cool deal Dave, I think I saw that Scrambler bike in a shop a few weeks back or one just like it. It looked almost brand new, I even contemplated buying it but i've never been a big fan of 20" bikes. Some kiddo ought to go home very happy.

Started packing the trailer for the swap this weekend. Here are just a few teasers that I will be bringing along. Prices will be greatly reduced for this event from what is listed on the website. http://www.1018kustoms.com/bicycles.html If you see anything else, let me know so I can be sure to bring it. Also lots of parts, and 3 other guys from KC and their bikes and stuff.
1962 Columbia Fire Arrow $350

53 Hawthorne 26" step through $150

1953 Schwinn Spitfire 20" DX $225

All original 1985 Schwinn Cruiser 5 $275

Lowpowerd has been giving me updates, sounds like its Christmas shopping time at the bike swap this year. Ill let him share his finds, but it sounds like this is a more than successful event. You know those Nissan Altimas are bigger on the inside? You better go buy some stuff or we won't be able to do laundry as he works in the basement.

Finishing the truck made me late and I lost my usual spot. I had a great time even though I had to make myself be a seller and not a buyer. Looked like most people were getting great deals. I had a great time and sold most of what I took out so momma was happy too! Thanks for another great year, Mitch.

My daughter and I had a great time. Always fun at the Midwest Bike Swap. Thank you to everyone that bought from me or sold to me. I gotta go ride my new found stingray now. 8)

Gotta say thanks for putting this on had a blast! This was my first swap meet and it was worth the 2.5 hour drive got 2 bikes and a bunch of parts. Everyone was very friendly and very helpful. Can't wait to start my builds and can't wait for the next meet!

Thanks Mitch for another great swap! Just gets better every year. 8) I got some cool stuff & still brought some of my allowance $$ back to the wife! (stupid me) Anyway that will make it easier to spend more next year!!! :lol: :lol:

Big thanks to Bill with Accent Mobile Music, this was his 4th year of providing the music and handling microphone duties, Always does a professional job.

Thanks also goes out to The Flying Stove for providing some tasty eats, and Shane Z the pinstriper who brought along some very cool items already pinstriped, last but not least, thanks to everyone that attended, this year was huge, and I know for me I was having Bicycle Overload, so much cool vintage iron in one place.

Next year... planning already underway, looking at date of Sunday April the 20th. 8)

I'll be there. Marking the calander and requesting vacation already. :D

The garage ride was great, however, I'd like to register a complaint about the swap. I came to the swap to look for a few trim parts. Unfortunately, there was a relative overpopulation of sellers as compared to the number of buyers. This resulted in my purchase of a bicycle I originally had no intent of going home with, even though I arrived at the swap late in hopes it would already be sold.

It's all your fault. (That's what I told my wife.) :wink:

loudboys said:
The garage ride was great, however, I'd like to register a complaint about the swap. I came to the swap to look for a few trim parts. Unfortunately, there was a relative overpopulation of sellers as compared to the number of buyers. This resulted in my purchase of a bicycle I originally had no intent of going home with, even though I arrived at the swap late in hopes it would already be sold.

It's all your fault. (That's what I told my wife.) :wink:

+1 :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Welcome to my world! :mrgreen: I did that the last two years, but practiced restraint this year. :(

Latest posts

Back