50, Skinny, and Single

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wondered how close you were to that 'lake effect' snow they are getting. We also had a very warm Oct and first week of November; and then the curtain fell. :grin: Wind chill today with a high temp of 17 degrees F. which is right now at 7:15 am, with a 'feels like' temp of 1.

View attachment 217440

https://tenor.com/vrLe.gif
Oof!!! 1!!!!!!???? Here comes winter! -just talked to a friend over in Buffalo: He’s got 77”.

he’s nervous and is shoveling it off his roof, as that much weight can be a threat to a structure’s integrity.

that’s equal to about 8” of water, just laying across the entirety of your roof….

Last edited:
Congratulations on your reaching milestone Oddjob. Loved your post and photos.

I've learned plenty on RRB and made some great new friends since jumping back on a bike 2 years ago who I now ride with.
Thanks JA! Yes, there is plenty to like about this RRB site. RaT oN~!

Big snow in the forecast for Mon - Tues in the BACK40 backyard. Took the '71 Schwinn Skinny and Single out for a spin in our warm 34° sunshine today. Never know when it might be the last one of the year.

20221127_124016.jpg

Wow, it's been a wild month of December. Had a little bit of a health scare, but I'm 'on the mend' and should be good to go for the long term. And my last photo post ^ was definitely the last time we saw the bare ground here in the north country.

We had snow later that day, and it snowed 7 days in a row, which was some kind of a record here ! This past week we had a light amount of about 5" in the city, but up north at the kid's cabin they had 13". Wet snow hung on trees and snapped limbs.

Got another one moving through our Highwood 'hood Wed - Friday with temps reaching only single digits for highs, that's Fahrenheit for my Euro and Canadian brothers. Blizzard conditions they say heading our way.

Seems like a good time to post some last photos of 50, Skinny, and Single that I took around the first of December.

ss snowbound 1.jpg

50 SS snow bound.jpg

Here's wishing you all a happy holiday week, and safe travels where ever you may go....

BACK40 CHristmas card.jpg

Latest posts

Back