50's Schwinn Rat-Rod Boardtracker

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 50's Schwinn Rat-Rod Boardtracker

RollinLow said:
Tank is aluminum. And thank curtis

Thanks I like the indent on the sides

How is the kick start spring hocked to the shaft? do you have a sorce and a part #?

That is so simple and efective love it ..................Curt

u3a3uru7.jpg
Throttle is hooked up and pulls nice and smooth.
@curtis the spring is dethatcher spring from a farm store and I heated one end and slid it over a shaft collar and welded it. And then it is locked down on the the pillow block
vyhu9eda.jpg
this is the best picture I could find at the moment . I hope it helps

AWESOME!
Thanks so simple and efective. Didn't think about farm store will check it out.................Curt

RollinLow said:
There are a few different tension springs at my farm and fleet.
Do you remember what one you bought? We have FleetFarm here i will check it out next time i go. Thanks

RollinLow said:
It was the yellow one it seemed middle of the road black was stiffer and red or white was lighter. Black wouldn't be bad the yellow doesn't take much force to kick over.

THANKS I will check it out ............Curt

stocksucks said:
Really awsome build!
Probably my favourite.
Keep it up.

DIDO I agree love all the home brew ideas ................Curt

Just WOW! That's all I can say!

RollinLow said:
I just pulled the head to check the gasket everything seems to be in good order. I scrubbed all the carbon of the piston and valves pretty much just cleaned the combustion chamber up.
62mm bore and a 55mm stroke. Ends up at 166cc or 10 Cubic inches. Perfect for the fuel injection kit from http://www.ecotrons.com/Small_Engine_EFI_PNP_kit.html .
Any one ever used it?
Just a quick update got the engine I'd it's a Clinton 498 4.5hp got all the rebuild stuff ordered up and on its way. Got the intake done to set the carb level
ba8unu7y.jpg
ru9ejy9y.jpg

Were did you get the rebuild parts from? I have a smaller Clinton that i might want to redo.

Also what are you running for a clutch? ............Curt

RollinLow said:
The head gasket came from napa. But the points, oil seal and rings came from jackssmallengines.com they only have a real limited amount of stuff. My model is a 498. As far as the clutch it's a 10t max torque 2000 stall

THANKS i will check it out mine is smaller like 1 1/2 hp lawn mower..........Maybe you might have to go to a heaver clutch if you run EFI........Curt

Got some more stuff buttoned up on the bike today. Battery box is almost done . Got the box mounted with some straps and got the side cut out .
y4agupa7.jpg
y8aru6ab.jpg
Just need to make a door. Also sectioned the old
Fender and widened it with some 16g sheet to clear the wide tire.
de8ybemu.jpg
The thicker plate gave it a nice raised center profile.It's nice and stiff but its still gonna need a rear brace. It's mounted with two 1/4" bolts inside the battery box
mepedaga.jpg

Over all it was a productive 3 hours.
y5asy2um.jpg

Back