60s ROADMASTER RENEGADE - GRRRRRRRREAT!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rat Rod said:
I wondered how long it would take for you to notice this one. :)

I have an App downloaded to my computer that tells me when a Muscle Bike pops up on Rat Rods. :D

If we can get about 10 60's AMF serial numbers posted we might be able to come up with a theory on how to decode them. :D

These Bikes were truely great i had one in the late 60's approx 1967 it was my first bike and i loved it. it was so cool and no one had one like it.
I rode the wheels off that bike. It was such a pleasure to see it again. I am betting my Grandpa got it at sears as that was his favorite store. Thanks for reviving an old memory.

I have a bunch of early 60's Bicycle Journals. I looked through a few to see if I could find the bike. I found the release of their 3 speed model but not this bike so far. Will post if I find more. :D

I may have cracked the code on this. The first letter is the year. I feel your Renegade starts with a G even though it is stamped off a little and looks like a off to the side O. I have seen that before. Schwinn also leaves off the O because it looks like a zero. G=1965.

I have a 1970 Wedge that I know is a 1970. When I looked it up in the AMF catalog the bike had a "M" next the picture of the bike. I checked my serial number and it starts with an M.

So I looked through and all the 1970 bikes tart with M.

So I checked 1969 and all bikes tart with L.

1971 starts with P.

1973 starts with T. So I counted backward leaving out the i,n,o

If you want to make more sense of it come check it out on the link.

http://musclebikeforums.yuku.com/topic/857/AMF-Serial-Number-Thread-Calling-all-A-MFers

Terrific find 8) ...brings back memories, I recall my father buying me a set of those tiger grips from an Esso station way back in the day....they had an advertising slogan back then, "put a tiger in your tank" to promote Hi-Test/Ethyl (premium gas).

Very cool! Dad bought a pair of those Esso Tiger grips for me back in '66.I found a nos pair at a garage sale several years ago and still have them.

I just acquired a esso amf renegade roadmaster tiger bike identical to this one looking for info and a value probally a 6 out 10 condition wise it is for sale

Extra sweet that it's a gas station bike, and those grips are original. Hard to believe that survived unmodified.

Thats one MINT !! find :thumbsup:, super jelly.

I just acquired a esso amf renegade roadmaster tiger bike identical to this one looking for info and a value probally a 6 out 10 condition wise it is for sale
ummm.... your scale and my scale dissimilar. The rusty paint condition and missing parts and worn parts... I would rate yours 3.

23FoLD.jpg

Back