'61 firebolt value?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i've been thinking about possibly maybe selling my '61 columbia firebolt and i was wondering what it's fair value is. overall the bike is in decent shape, all the hubs and bearings are working fine, no rust at all, paint has the usual chips and scratches. what do you guys think?

firebolt.jpg

there's a local guy that keeps asking about buying it from me. i'm considering it but i don't want to rip him off, nor do i want to under cut myself. that's why i was asking what a fair value would be.

well you can always sell off the individual parts and make more money. We all know that!

You have to consider a couple things: Would you part it out just for to be "richer" in the wallet or sell it complete to be "richer" in your soul for selling a nice bike to someone that will be psyched to ride the bike down the road as is? :wink:

If you have never parted a bike out, it is very time consuming.

Complete disassmembly - 30-60 min.
Individual listing and photos- 30-60 min.
Haggling on each part ????
Pack and shipping/part 30min.

You also need to figure in parting it will not yield you a quick sale. Most often takes 2-3 times as long. Certain bikes make sense sell this way for desirable parts (Vintage bmx, Schwinn Krate/Stingray stuff, and some ballooner stuff-Phantom etc..)

That bike in my neck of the wood would sell quickly at $150 and top out at $180. Yours is missing the guard so I figure $120-150.

i gotta agree with BankerRAt and cman, for about $125 to $150 as is and possibly $200 with the correct chainguard and maybe the handlebars set to a more... traditional adjustment. in this time and the way the economy is and everything, its just not as easy to get what we know these bikes are worth. setting someone up with this sweet ride, in one piece would be totally cool. good luck with whatever you end up doing.

In point of fact, I'd probably flip the bars back, stick in a long post w/a modern seat, and try to sell off my other bikes. Well, not the beater. It's not worth squat moneywise, and I couldn't leave the Firebolt alone outdoors. :mrgreen:

Back