'61 Raleigh/Cool Royce Union

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Picked up these 2 today. I'm keeping this Raleigh as I've been wanting one. The rear hub is stamped '61. It's got a couple busted spokes on both wheels but I have a rear wheel. I hope I can find a front wheel spoke for that dynamo hub. I may strip the rear wheel and cut and thread one. I'm kind of unfamiliar with Raleigh's so any spoke info is welcome.
P1010518.jpg

Dynamo hub.
P1010519.jpg

P1010520.jpg

P1010522.jpg

What's this? The indicator chain isn't broke? I've got 2 speedster's and another raleigh all with busted indicator chains! I thought I might have some kind of curse on me.
P1010523.jpg

Also got this Royce Union with a cool frame, cool seat, good tires (that's a switch) and a Bendix RB2.
P1010513.jpg

P1010517.jpg

P1010514.jpg

Obligatory foot shot.
P1010515.jpg

Great score. That Raleigh looks like a ratrod just the way it is.

The royce union is just begging to get all hooked up.

Yeah, Royce Union made some really cool frames. Those skinny forks limit your tire choices unless I swap em' out. I wish the seat was white because I'm thinking green metal flake for this one. Here's another R.U. from my collection. Coincidently this one was $25 also.That's the only picture I could find so Merry Christmas everyone.
ru26.jpg

....the only thing that Christmas photo needs is a leg lamp in the window!

Tonka said:
....the only thing that Christmas photo needs is a leg lamp in the window!
Ha ha ha! :lol:

Christmasstory.jpg

If only I had the photoshop skills!

Latest posts

Back