61 Schwinn

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Panther III maybe.., not real sure

snagged it at a garage sale today while working

was told it was 100% original... :?
don't think so.. wish it was.. could of used the crank/sprocket on another build.. still need to find one...

front rim is correct, rear rim is Schimano.. spokes match up good tho.. so I am gonna roll with it
for now
2012-07-27_16-42-04_647.jpg

2012-07-27_16-42-14_538.jpg

2012-07-27_16-42-29_788.jpg

cleaned it up a bit, soaking the rear rack for another bike.

did find some correct grips/bars tho... bonus! lol

painted those nasty baby blue forks to a flat black till I can find some green.. or not
photobucket-11177-1343585831484.jpg

So I gave this bike to my neighbor, who rode it once the entire time he owned it, and now he is moving so it is coming back here.. no problem for me :lol:

but I'd like to find a couple things out

first off is this front rim from a Heavy Duty?

and secondly, anyone have any info on this stem? not sure where it came from...

now I need to either start looking for some original parts, or part it out and sell the frame off.. cause these parts look expensive lol

The neck is a Wald. I call it the nutcracker model. They came out in about '39 and died shortly after the war. You see them a lot on '40 and '41 Schwinns. Gary

That indeed does appear to be a heavy duti front wheel. Looks like the hub is dated, too. Neat. And yeah prewar stem. I think you have captured Frankenstein's monster :lol:

Latest posts

Back