66 Fastback (some assembly required)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
About 6 months ago I traded a rattlecanned Schwinn Tandem for a 85 Yamaha Vision that I had glorified cafe bike dreams for a rebuild....never really felt it, so I have a neighbor that has had this Schwinn in his cabinet shop for 11 years with plans of rebuilding it with his son, his son wasn't feeling it, so we finally did a trade, unfortunately it had been rattlecanned and banged around so the phusia /purple can't be saved.
So now I have an option of colors even though I like the original color this beautiful yellow seat might clash, and Yellow wasn't offered in 66 so now the big :?: ,spend big money on another seat and sell this one, or make a lemon Fastback, one thing is the chrome, really nice, and the bearings really clean (other than the sawdust)....so I may be selling my 66 Stingray 3 speed deluxe soon :shock:

Nice find. Yellow seats are hard to find in nice shape. If you sell it you should bring in enough cash to make a big dent in the cost of the correct and even more expensive seat for that bike.
I have heard about using easy off oven cleaner to remove spray paint from bikes. I have not used this yet. I did have really good luck removing spray paint from a bike using automotive paint reducer. I simply wet a rag down with the reducer then rubbed the spray paint until it was gone. The original paint still looked good.

nice find. loosk like the tough parts are there, other than the seat ( Sprint sprocket, deraileur, guard, etc ).

66 being the forst year, personally, I'd say restore in a color that was 'correct' , but that's just me, anything you do will come out nice. Been wanting to do a custom muscle bike myself, but too purist to mess one up, lol.

Man that is a nice seat! Sometimes the seat is the hardest thing to come up with. :D

THAT Seat color you don't see very often, let alone in that good of shape...i'd go for the lemon Fastback !go for it Jim and while your at it pm me a price on the thee speed !

Rafael

Latest posts

Back