70's Orange Krate Original?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
What's the market like for these today? I know they have been hot, but are they cooling off?
Seller wants $300, says it's a 70's mode.
I had a lemon peeler as a kid, but wouldn't mind this if it's worth the price.

00p0p_iIFG5u2RIT_600x450.jpg

What's the market like for these today? I know they have been hot, but are they cooling off?
Seller wants $300, says it's a 70's mode.
I had a lemon peeler as a kid, but wouldn't mind this if it's worth the price.

00p0p_iIFG5u2RIT_600x450.jpg
if it is original 1970 then that's a fair price but be sure it is not a repop and the seller is trying to pass it off as a original but I think 300 is a decent price for it they are hot some of the stick shift crates go for as high as 2500 buck so I think this one would be worth at least 300 hope you get it it is cool

I can't be 100% sure with that pic. But I'm going to have to say repop on that one. Gooseneck looks like the 90s style. The wheel reflector seems odd too. Does it have a bendix or Shimano rear hub?

It's hard to tell in the photo. But it looks like it has a newer plastic reflector above the front fender and the matching skinny white reflectors on the wheels. it also looks like it has the squared off plastic pedals. All these things lead me to believe it's not from the 70's. I would bet the farm that it's a 1998 repop Orange Krate coaster model. Grab the serial number,It's a sure way to find out!
-Kreep-

I'm with ODDER and Kreep on this one, I think that might be a 1998 reproduction that Schwinn sold...still worth $300 if you want one though, the repops are great riders!

Ask if he'll take $250 of course :wink1:

Back