78' Spitfire Thread

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is my Sig thread for my 1978 Chicago Built Schwinn Spitfire.
The photos are In Time order from when I first got it to the last oen I ve taken.

IMG_6819.jpg

IMG_6842.jpg

IMG_6835.jpg

IMG_6855.jpg

IMG_6851.jpg

The back fender is not really how I like it, I need to bend and maybe get some extra support so it does not rattle all around.

cman said:
That newer blue springer looks good. Try bobbing the fender.

I actually have, the end would have gone down alot more, Soem would say cut it more, but everyone does that!

Me, I am kinda different and weird. But Today I finished the rough Setup on the rear fender including the much needed tail light cause living in Florida, and in the dark, you kinda need them for these drivers!

IMG_6865.jpg

I am finding just random stuff that fits, which is quite cool how a pile of junk can be used into stuff like this!

cool schwinn. i have a 62' schwinn american (chicago built) and absolutly love it. for a 47yr old bike, it does better than some new bikes i've ridden. keep ading stuff and enjoying your bike. :mrgreen:

yeah, id have to agree, fenderless would look cleaner, or buy a pair of fatty full on chrome fenders and jack up the chrome factor. personally for me, fenders are a pair or nothing thing unless i'm going for a drag or gasser look. i'm just saying. still think that is a nice ride.

roadmaster said:
yeah, id have to agree, fenderless would look cleaner, or buy a pair of fatty full on chrome fenders and jack up the chrome factor. personally for me, fenders are a pair or nothing thing unless i'm going for a drag or gasser look. i'm just saying. still think that is a nice ride.

Yeah, there is a apart of me thinking of keeping it fenderless. But I am just going to give it time see How I feel about it. I haven't had the chance to even ride it at all cause of the weather.

Latest posts

Back