9ike industries presents: Cloud 9. now with foot brake!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: body drop huffy project. name: Cloud 9

Or one of these...?

IMG_0618.jpg

Great work e'bike!! That's super sick!! :mrgreen:

ugh i am DYING to work on this thing some more! i was going to try and go around flipping the dropouts but with the fender its not an option. i also have a sneaky surprise for the brakes. im going to lace a 3 speed hub with a jockey shift of some sort so ill lose the coaster brake. if it works out as well as i think it will its going to be pretty neat and different. the color scheme will be oxide primer frame and fender, with flat black forks and iw as thinking about doing a colored back wheel. thoughts?
colorse.jpg

Straight bars. Starting to dig the green more. Wasnt a huge fan when you first sent me that chop but now its growing on me. Try it. If its terrible we can re-paint it... Straight bars.

Fellas, this bike is just cool. It's looking kinda like a bobber.
You know, with the unconventional flip to the rear triangle, you're putting a nice twist to the typical lowrider look.
I think bars, like the ones on the red bike, would be a nice compromise and not as stereotypical as apehangers (as cool as they may be).
Can't wait to see the brake setup, keep going!

Cheers!
Dr. T

no major progress just yet, just a part and some design ideas ironed out. the back wheel with the whitewall belongs to elchupacabra for mock-up purposes so i bought myself a bontrager whitewall at Kona sport in wildwood over the weekend.

bi00339whitewall250.jpg

im hoping to have the 3 speed wheel and maybe shifter mounted up this week

I didn't get anything major done as I had hoped yesterday but I did accomplish one thing worth mentioning: my brake idea. This bike is not going to win any beauty pageants and I want it to look as ratty and improvised as I can, so I came up with a footbrake mounted to the fork. It's a brake lever extender from a 10-speed for the rear brakes mated to the front brakes and cable. I used a hacksaw to cut the regular brake lever off just to get it out of the way. It will be seeing the grinder to smooth it out. So far in preliminary tests it works awesome. All I have for now is an iPhone pic. Tell me what you think...

imagejbn.jpg

Re: body drop huffy project. Cloud 9 now with foot brake!

Great idea, I bet we´ll be seeing a lot of those levers mounted there now...

It works awesome. Works best when the brake is actually mounted to the fork though. On first test Excitebike spit the brakes out... lol. It was pretty funny. I have better pics of the setup. I'll post later when I get home...

Dude! You are a freakin' MADMAN! :shock: That is awesome! I am SO stealin' that idea!! :mrgreen:

go for it riderx! just mention me in the credits haha

its hard to come up with new and interesting ideas on this site b/c there are some amazing ideas here, i knew i had to go way out of the box :).

bigblock, i didnt weld mine, it uses the original band clamp

cool so far. Love the stance. I saw you were thinking of red primer for the color but I kind of like the black and white looking going on. Maybe a flat white with a color on the wheels???

here is a better overall shot. i am going to leave it white, i took a file and hammer to the paintjob someone put on it and im happy with the streaks of raw metal showing through the white. i may still re-relocate the crank and put in a 3 speed jackshaft :)

*click for larger*
cimg2225.jpg

Back