__-~^^~-__ BERKSHIRE __-~^^~-__

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DS, this is first skip tooth setup I've had trouble with. Perhaps I got lucky, but my others are smooth. Maybe skippies were made to wide open tolerances in general.

PNA, did I buy this frame from you? I can't remember.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm pretty sure. I can't remember either but I know I sold it last year and we have done business before. Either way.. keep up the good work! Your making that bike look real nice.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Thanks I appreciate it. I just have to get up to yeshoney's house for a skiptooth chain and if that solves the crunchy drivetrain problem, then it'll be done.

Just a little bump so my modest build doesn't get forgotten about. Will be getting chain next week. Too busy this glorious weekend.

Remember that little insurance inventory plate from a vintage metal office desk?

amegahe4.jpg

Last edited:
And this is where the bell is for now. It sounds better up on the bars though because the bell part hangs looser and reverberates more. In this mounting it's just a quick ring with no lingering "echo".
5a3ade9u.jpg

Thanks Luke and Fm. Schwinn boy, skinny tire builds are gaining popularity on RRB. That's why I built one.

Deorman I'll have to add this to that thread when it's done. I do remember that. But for some reason your link isn't working. I wonder why. Regardless, I'll find the thread when the time comes.

Just have to get up to Joe's house for skiptooth chain. Hopefully next week.

Deorman I'll have to add this to that thread when it's done. I do remember that. But for some reason your link isn't working. I wonder why. Regardless, I'll find the thread when the time comes.

Just have to get up to Joe's house for skiptooth chain. Hopefully next week.

You'll be in Simsbury so lets go for a ride! ;)

That's a great idea. Evening rat ride on a bike trail?

FINISHED!!!!
Will take nice pics next week with my mother in law (MIL). It's 11pm now, so just phone pics.

I couldn't get Iver skiptooth chainring to work (center hole is too big, non standard), so I went back to original idea of using Sugino BMX chainring combined with dogleg crank. I ground every other tooth off the 44t ring. Despite being narrow it works surprisingly well with wider chain.

e8atytam.jpg

e3ysu4u7.jpg

The light easily accepts LED lights, the lens is hinged.

eda8y5y9.jpg

Should I go with chainguard or no?

qa9utuje.jpg

e2u6uqe7.jpg

One argument for going with guard is that it afforded me a spot to incorporate an old key I found at wife's gram's house (recently departed).

eva3yja2.jpg

So glad I finished.

Many thanks to Joe (yeshoney) for DELIVERING the non-stretched chain I needed to complete bike tonight. He rode his Gix. Usually the trip takes 55 mins. He did it in 25. 1000cc's of pure Suzuki makes for rapid parts delivery.

Last edited:
I just realized the key is upside down. Oops.

This is one classy and cool, old and new ride!
Nice work buddy! Looking forward to MIL's pics!
CONGRATS!!

Real nice bike, Ian! Every bike you build is so clean and cool! Nice Job! :113:

Thanks fellas. Guard or no guard? I'm leaning toward no guard.

Latest posts

Back