A Bike For Smiley...

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did a bike last month for a friend in Seneca, S.C. called ***Blue Eyes*** . Several months ago (through her) I made another friend and this bike is for her and she also lives in Seneca S.C. I asked and her favorite color was camo or orange, or pink. I've never done a camo paint job but I hope it turns out well for her. Anyway, she's a really sweet friend and what makes it so strange is that I've never met her and I love her like a daughter. If I keep finding friends I'm gonna run out of bikes to build. She actually took time out of her schedule to send me a very sweet email telling me how rare it was to find someone who cared & prayed for her and had never met her. What's a man gonna do with that. You gotta build her a bike for that. Hope she likes it.

100_3005.jpg

100_3003.jpg

100_3012.jpg

100_3011.jpg

100_3013.jpg

100_3015.jpg

100_3014.jpg

100_3016.jpg

100_3017.jpg

100_3019.jpg

100_3020.jpg

100_3022-1.jpg

100_3021.jpg

Well that's one side down and one to go. You can see the RED anodized flashlight
end sticking out of the back side of the machettis. This part screws off to alloy changing of the
batteries. Maybe I'll get more done tomorrow.

nice i think i might take a "stab" at that trick .for my next build :wink:

I think he gets the " point" now guyz ! :roll:
------

I've already taken the grinder and ground the edge down flat to get rid of the sharpeness and I've ground the points off to a rounded edge so nobody gets hurt. Did you really think I would let my little friend get hurt? That would wipe the smile clean off her face. I wouldn't be able to handle that, but thanks for all the concern guys.

We´ll definitely see your idea on future bikes around here. Look´s very good.
Please don´t get mad about the puns, some of us just cant hold ourselves.
Keep up the good work!!

I still thought you should have turned them the other way and sharpened them razor sharp and called the bike the wild game skinner. :wink:

i know this isn't what your doing, but i think Jason Voorhees would ride that bie throw a hockey mask on there and rust and paint blood stains on it...i am surprised no one else thought of that.. i love the build so far

I found some time, excuse me, I took some time to work on Smiley's bike today. I like the looks of the machetti's in there natural state but they are cheapos with clear sprayed on the blades to keep them from rusting. The clear was starting to peel before I walked out of the store with them. I had some silver hammered look paint so I sanded the blades and painted them silver. I sanded and painted the fork (the best camo treatment that I could come up with). I also used satin paint instead of the usual flat colors. I'll show it again tomorrow when I get it all assembled with the machetti's. Then I did a treatment on the front wheel to get rid of the chrome. I drilled holes between each spoke and I had some orange glitter material so I cut a strip to put inside the wheel so it shows through the holes. It really sparkles well in the sun. I covered a lot of ground in a short time on the wheel. I taped up the spokes, painted the wheel, untaped it, cut and installed the glitter material, the tube liner, tire, and tube in 1 hour and 12 minutes. A record for me. The wheels required a lot of drilling so I hope Smiley likes it.

100_3032.jpg

100_3029.jpg

100_3040.jpg

100_3026.jpg

100_3023.jpg

100_3041.jpg

100_3042.jpg

Oh, I found out by accident that if you use a cheap tape like Dollar Store Brand, let the wheel dry a little after painting and apply some heat (I sat my wheel stand on top of my Warm Morning heater) a hair dryer will probably do, the adhesive on the tape will turn loose and the tape will almost fall right off the wheel by itself. Very easy.

100_3050.jpg

100_3052.jpg

100_3047.jpg

100_3048.jpg

I'll take the rack off this 20 incher and modify it to fit Smiley's bike.....

100_3028.jpg

Something to think about until next time.....

A good tip I picked up here in the forum is to use straws instead of masking for the wheels rays.
Nice camo, good job!!

Got a little work done Saturday morning on modifying the 20" rack to fit the 26 incher. I also found a use for an old BB gun I had for the past 26 years. This is a good way to reuse things that aren't being used anymore. Now a seat, paint the frame, handlebars, and a few other small things and we'll be done. Once I find time.

100_3063.jpg

100_3071.jpg

100_3066.jpg

100_3064.jpg

Back