A CCM in need of work! Done!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all!

I have had this 20"CCM in the back yard for a while now....it just keeps calling out to me. I belive I may have a plan for her! I was going to do the Hiawatha next but for some reason I felt I should go ahead on this one So here we go!

IMG_0460.jpg

not sure of the year of the bike? and I belive it may not be its original colour either. Is there anything that I should know when it comes to CCM's ???? odd ball parts and sizes?

FW

Thanks CCR I did not even know what CCM ment???

xddorox thanks for the heads up...

I have not done any measurments yet but I did tear down the one pce crank and with what you say I did a number to it.

IMG_2174.jpg

sorry I did not take a before picture....it was nasty....rusty nasty! But she cleaned up well!

I will also pop off the BB cups and put them in the blaster and use them again

not sure what I will do about the rims? :? On the hunt I will go! :shock:

IMG_2171.jpg

the frame on the other hand, It will be stripped/primed and painted house of Kolor Tangelo! one cool colour!

Thm833_Picture_749.jpg

IMG_2176.jpg

I see a springer in it's future aswell! Still pondering about a second colour to the mix???? :wink:

FW

sorry guys I'm a little slow this time around.....lots of stuff around the house to be done right now I guess.

so today I stripped the frame down to bare metal than hit it with some cleaner and prep.

Now as you know the paint I'm using is House of Kolors

IMG_2256.jpg

this is the same paint I used on my JC Higgins Rat Fink Bike that some of you may remember. For thoses who do not or were not around here then here is a pic for you all.

IMG_1582.jpg

IMG_1588.jpg

So with the pearls you will need a white base

IMG_2254.jpg

I than let stand for 30 mins and then went at it with the colour. I found it took many light coats to make this right, or it was going to run on me. With so many coats needed I ran out of paint :cry:

IMG_2258.jpg

IMG_2259.jpg

Ill hit the paint store tomorrow and get some more :D stay tuned

FW

niiiiiice....... when your done get it out in the somewhat sun and snap a pic of it. see if you can catch a pic with a glow going.

Looking good! I look forward to seeing the finished bike. Can we expect to see a little pinstripe action on it too?

xddorox - Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't CCM name their Stingray competitor the Mustang? I kinda remember them from BITD, but I'm not %100 certain.

-Mp

I cleared it today.... but its cloudy outside :cry:

sensor ...yes they are great! Im now saving up some cash for they now have a mini spray pot gun that I would really love to have. Start up will be expensive but I will save alot in the long run. IE; for the same cost of this three part system I could paint 6 bikes in the same colour :D

here are a few pics from today...again sorry but no good sun today :cry:
IMG_2267.jpg

IMG_2268.jpg

the paint dryed real quick so I went for it and put the bottom bracket back on

IMG_2261.jpg

IMG_2263.jpg

after seeing Ricks killer twin lowriders I went on the hunt and found a bent springer but I gave this one a try just for because I had one and its free.
IMG_2260.jpg

but with a 20" tire its just not going to work :( I will have to spend the money..

Back