A CCM in need of work! Done!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I went for a long drive to get the bent spring for this build....it was worth it!

only problem I had was that the stem was too short for the bikes tube (hope I said that right) NP I took the one from the other springer and did a swap out.

IMG_2274.jpg

man I could use a bike stand!!!! funny how we would preffer to build more bikes over the tools to make the job easier! :lol:

IMG_2276.jpg

IMG_2277.jpg

I mounted the rims and new fenders and I modified the fender arms so that I could use the bike's fender bracket holes, rather than connecting it to the rim. I also put on a Kink chain...It is a bigger, thicker chain than the normal one that are used

How is this for low Rick!

IMG_2283.jpg

IMG_2285.jpg

I'm still looking for a 24" sissy bar and waiting on some new cool material for the bananna seat! Back to work tomorrow so not much will be done in the next 2 or 4 days. For my first Lowrider Im pretty happy :mrgreen:

FW

Looks awesome Murray.....great seeing it all come together. :D

I can relate to the lack of a bike stand....I need one badly!

That's one hot color!! I love it. I cant wait to see it with everything on there, gleaming out in the sunshine.

BTW, where did you buy the rattle can HOK stuff?

brandonehansen (would you like to buy a vowel :roll: ) just poking fun my friend. thats a long name :lol: you should use a code /web name for security my friend....

asked
where did you buy the rattle can HOK stuff?

It can be found in an automotive parts store around here. Lordco is the company name. you may be able to find it in a similar store near you.

Firewalker said:
brandonehansen (would you like to buy a vowel :roll: ) just poking fun my friend. thats a long name :lol: you should use a code /web name for security my friend....

asked
where did you buy the rattle can HOK stuff?

It can be found in an automotive parts store around here. Lordco is the company name. you may be able to find it in a similar store near you.

Cool man thanks. I dont mind having my name out there....its my first name, middle initial and last name all crammed together. :mrgreen:

I was able to find a sissy bar and a front headlight..... but I really like the 55 BelAir speaker script I found going through my hotrod stuff

IMG_2356.jpg

IMG_2355.jpg

the material is still a long way off so I was thinking about using a burgundy with a gold stiched V8 embroidered on the seat.

...your thoughts????

in the mean time I took the seat apart. As you can see its in bad shape
IMG_2357.jpg

IMG_2358.jpg

as always I will sandblast, paint and cut some new foam for it ....it will give me some time to think about design.

FW

Cool Bel Air emblem, if it is plastic u can slightly heat it to bend around the frame..... just a thought.. This bike is going to be awsome, i love that color!!!

Re: A CCM in need of work!

I was able to work on both Kev's seat and the one for the CCM
IMG_2394.jpg

as you can see this seat was Very rusty! In fact so rusty I just took my grinder to it then did what I could in the blast cabinet! Once done I epoxy primed it
IMG_2393.jpg

IMG_2411.jpg

I then gave the bottom a coat of satin black and left the top half in the epoxy primer....

IMG_2410.jpg

I hope to have the foam cut along with new cover tomorrow :D

FW

really nice build!
If you were to paint the springer black, it would be awesome! It would contrast really great against the orange! But either way it's a really nice bike!

Not only was I able to finish Kev's seat.....I was also able to finish off the CCM today! I started off by using a test pce from a HotRodseat I did some time ago!

IMG_2429.jpg

Just like before I used a med to firm foam for the seat and again covered it with the 1/4 foam !

IMG_2412.jpg

IMG_2430.jpg

IMG_2433.jpg

nothing to fancy this time! and again I finished of the bottom to be just as clean..however I pop-rivited the bottom pan to the top pan using stainless pops. I wanted to cut down on the future rust

IMG_2436.jpg

IMG_2434.jpg

So there you have it! plus it was sunny today! So I was able to get some better shots of the bike outside!

IMG_2437.jpg

IMG_2439.jpg

IMG_2447.jpg

IMG_2445.jpg

IMG_2449.jpg

IMG_2444.jpg

This being my first lowrider build I had lots of fun with it :mrgreen: and my daughter wants a shot at the next one witch will also be a lowrider. but a girls bike! :wink: :D

FW

that seat is great!

i'm not into lowrider at all but i really like this one! i would ride it!

nice bike

Nice job. Seat turned out great.

Back