A difficult thing to say

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, after just being put on work furlough last Friday, I can relate, the world says I should worry, MY CREATOR IS BIGGER THAN THE WORLD... with that said I have a peace that with his timing, I will move on to a better job, I have time to build more of my bikes that have been sitting for a while but on the same token it takes money to buy parts, I haven't sold as much as I would have liked to sell recently. I know with your skills you will have work, its not a common business that you do, you just need to get your name out to the community. Get your cards out to the worship teams in the area, pawnshops ? Most of all keep it in prayer, I will send you mine :wink: Be Blessed My Friend ...GSC

I'm pretty new here on RRB, even though I've been a bike nut for a lot of years.
I understand where you are. I felt much the same way when I was about to graduate college. Nearing graduation means changing a routine that, while immensely challenging, is familiar. You are trading that familiar routine for uncertainty. Uncertainty is never comfortable. Growth is never comfortable. And you're entering the working world in the most challenging (how's that for a euphemism?) economic climate I've seen in my nearly 60 years. I don't know your religious background, and I won't toss off some sappy platitude about 'God will provide' or something. God ain't Santa Claus. But you do your footwork, say your prayers, and try to leave the results up to Him. That doesn't mean you won't have tough times. It does mean that the tough times will have a much smaller chance of beating you down.
I'll share this much about my own background. I quit the blue collar world at 30 to return to school to become a teacher. I taught in the inner city for ten years, had a nervous breakdown, and lost the job- tossed out with a small disability allowance. I tried to make it as a stone sculptor, and went nowhere. Had some heart trouble and lost every penny I had paying off the bills. Came back from the heart attack, took a job as a substitute janitor, and after five years of hard work and good service I got passed up for a permanent job for some ....... they hired cold off the street. It bums me out, but it cannot break me because I have that seed of Faith. God ain't Santa Claus, but he is a Life preserver. Tough times come and go, but we choose life, and keep choosing life. You're going to be OK. Just keep putting one foot in front of the other, and keep choosing life.

My best to you.

John M

Latest posts

Back