A few more of the Scrapper's rides.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_1102.jpg

This is Joey Murder's Flyer. The big headlight does work.
IMG_1103.jpg

This is an '83 Schwinn Cruiser. It still has the 1983 air in the tires. I picked this one up for $100.00 last Friday. I owned it for about 15 minutes before it was resold to a friend. I bet it doesn't have 1 mile on it. It's that perfect. The tires still have the little rubber hair looking deals on them.

IMG_1104.jpg

This is my Schwinn. I found it in the trash minus stem, handlebars, and seat. I welded a new seat mounting bracket on it, so the seat is slammed down on to the shorty rear fender. The tail light is an repop motorcycle light that I extended and retrofit with a flashing L.E.D. setup. It works slick. Brass wing nuts and bronze washers hold the wheels on these days.
The Miller headlight isn't functioning yet............I'm gonna make it L.E.D. too.
IMG_1092.jpg

This is Chad Nasty and his Electra. 7 speeds and a lightweight frame make for a wheelie machine.

Awesome bikes!

Hope you got $300-$500 on that Cruiser...that's what they seem to be bringing on Ebay these days. :shock:

Probably not though since you sold it to a friend. :wink:

I sold it to him for exactly what I had in it. Now we have a new Scrapper. He didn't fit in too well on his Scalpel.

The head light on Joey's bike........I believe it's an aftermarket driving light for a car. It's rigged up to a battery pack in the tank. I will look this Sunday and see if I can find a maker or model. The chain guard.........who knows. That bike was purchased as is from the guy who built it, and that guy now lives in Austin, Tx.

IMG_1094.jpg

This is Miss VanDyne on one of her late model Schwinn cruisers. We're building her Western Flyer currently. It's going to be the ladies version of Joey's bike.

Correction: Miss VanDyne's green bike is an Electra, not Schwinn. Her pink cruiser is a schwinn. She is a second generation leather worker, and is going to hand tool the saddle for her flyer.

very nice fleet. love the guard and headlight on Joey's, and the seat on yours.

black shirts and plaid shorts... is that the official scrappers uniform? :)

Ha!!!!!!! I didn't notice that Joey and Chad's clothes were the same that day! You're giving me an idea........

baseballfurys.jpg

Ditto on these uniforms.

AlleyScrappersBG said:
baseballfurys.jpg

Ditto on these uniforms.

haha... yes!! it was definitely a toss up between warriors and baseball fury.

JoeyMac said:
come out and plaaaay

i shoulda known that was coming too. :mrgreen:
330px-Comeouttoplay.JPG

you gotta love the Rogues uniforms too... even though they're the bad guys.
rogues01.jpg

Friends and bikes!..........Ain't life GREAT! 8)

hey guys. joey here
the story is... i bought that bike from a friend who was moving. he had basically scrounged the parts and mocked it up. i rebuilt the mechanicals (and took the lame decals off) so it was roadworthy and it is as you see it. as far as the chainguard, all i know is its neat, i was hoping someone on here could tell me more about it. i just took the lamp apart tonight and found a cobbled mess of radio shack and westlakes hardware parts. all i can say is that its an old bicycle unit that has been reworked with new guts. i'll post a pic when i get a chance. and one of the cool blue dot reflector on the rear fender

oh, and chad and i have mostly the same wardrobe. more than once we've met at the bar to find ourselves wearing identical clothes. even down to the same band tshirt we got at the same show. pathetic i know.....

Latest posts

Back