A Gentlemanly '64 Schwinn KS American

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sir

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,

My history with old bikes started four years ago with this King Size American:

SchwinnKSA.jpg

Later this summer I take a job in Hot Springs, AR. I need a good bike for short trips downtown. Since I'll be in business clothes, I want a bike with a formal look. So... let's see if we can build a "gentleman's cruiser," taking some styling cues from the Pashley Guv'nor (black frame, white/cream tires, black rims, leather seat, upright posture).

Yesterday I borrowed a couple of tires from my 27" road bikes to see what sort of clearance I might have if I go with 700x40's or similar. I think it can be done. If not I'm leaning toward 26" Fat Franks (thanks for the advice GTV). I'm wanting a tall rim/tire combo.

Anyhow, here are some quick pics with the 27" wheels in place (imagine slightly smaller rims with beefier tires). Any thoughts?

BigWheelMockup4.jpg

BigWheelMockup2.jpg

BigWheelMockup3.jpg

twomorestrokes said:
...or you can send the complete bike my way. :)

Yeah, it's a great bike as-is. Schwinn nailed it when they designed the larger frame.

One day the fenders, S-7 rims, etc., will return. I'm just having some fun for now!

Looks fast with the pizza cutters on it. Would be cool with those skinny's with some solid white tires on them. :wink:

Latest posts

Back