A Proper Rat Rod

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This all turned out exactly as I had foreseen. Jude now has a specific type of the Rat Disorder, the British variant. Ingola is a carrier, be careful, he helped spread it, and I believe the forum is about to see an outbreak thanks to this sweet bike
I had that variant with an English roadster too. Makes me want to get it back from my brother, who I gave it to, just to ride it.

Great looking rat of the British persuasion @Jude Ephesus .

This profile shot comparison really shows off the cool work you've done!

The frosting on this English tea cake would be to flip the light mount, or mount the headlight another way to get it just under the bars.

Excuse my primitive edit!

Screenshot_20230722_130959_Chrome.jpg

This all turned out exactly as I had foreseen. Jude now has a specific type of the Rat Disorder, the British variant. Ingola is a carrier, be careful, he helped spread it, and I believe the forum is about to see an outbreak thanks to this sweet bike
The great thing with these Raleigh's is there are millions of them they made the same bike for 70 years possibly the most common bike ever built. Parts are found on hundreds of other brands (triumph,dunlet, Phillips, Eaton gliders, supercyle,later BSA,Robin Hood, and more) they came in hundreds of styles and various colors.
They can be cleaned up with a little soap and water and polished with just mquires. Can be found for cheap.

This really came out "superbe" (Raleigh reference). Everyone is rethinking they old Raleighs they have lying around now. I've got a 1948 Rudge Whitworth stashed away somewhere. :D
Excellent build man! Huge bonus that it turned out to also be such a nice ride for you too. She's a beauty!

This really came out "superbe" (Raleigh reference). Everyone is rethinking they old Raleighs they have lying around now. I've got a 1948 Rudge Whitworth stashed away somewhere. :D
Excellent build man! Huge bonus that it turned out to also be such a nice ride for you too. She's a beauty!
Witch crank is on your rudge they had some great ones

Yes. Riding a Raleigh is sporty and luxurious Just feels right. I picked up a Schwinn collegiate was outfitted like an English 3 speed. SA hub and north roads style bars. It rides like crud. You cannot ride that bike and smile at the same time. It’s awful!

Or find a gazelle

Dang! I passed on a $35 gazelle at the thrift store a few weeks ago. I just have too many bikes lined up.

I do have a flying pigeon with rod brakes that looks exactly like a Raleigh. It needs a lot of work!

Great bike Jude!

This profile shot comparison really shows off the cool work you've done!

The frosting on this English tea cake would be to flip the light mount, or mount the headlight another way to get it just under the bars.

Excuse my primitive edit!

View attachment 242187
I did think of flipping that bracket!

-its a little funky as the bottom side of that bracket is the race for the top side (loose) headset bearings.

I would prefer the light sit below the bars, but where it’s at is still sort of old-school cool.

Thanks! That bottom bracket and spindle were a nightmare. Including the original bike, it took 5 bikes to make his one!

I’m glad people are rethinking their old Raleigh’s…. The bike does ride amazing!

Back