A Schwinn Giraffe??

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I've never heard of or seen one of these before. It's 6 feet tall and looks all original. It needs a tire and cleaned up but all in all its in good shape. How do I decipher the serial number?

SchwinnGirafffe1-vi.jpg

SchwinnGirafffe3-vi.jpg

SchwinnGirafffe8-vi.jpg

I have more pics if needed.

Riding that could be defined as holding on crashing all the way to the ground ! :lol:
By the way, I'm trying to find Data on those serial numbers too.

This seems to indicate one possible theory.

Vintage Schwinn Giraffe Unicycle

have a Vintage Schwinn Giraffe unicycle for sale. It is a 6 ft chrome. I know they made these from 1977 to 1983. The serial number is 771028 so I think and was told it is a 1977.
I am not completely sure however it make sense because I have seen others with serial numbers in the high 70's and low 80's.

http://www.unicyclist.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1374673

I was guessing the 78 was the year and the 2204 was the production number. Either that or the 7 was for 1977, the 8 and 2 was for the 8th day of the 2nd month, OR, the 8th month and 2nd day. Then the 204 was a production number.

a couple months ago my local Salvation Army Thrift store had one of these someone donated. I think they wanted$20...I am in down scale mode otherwise why not buy it?

Latest posts

Back