A true barn find... 1948 Hawthorne sees the light of day...

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been away from RRB awhile now, but, I thought that this bike was worth showing off to the community. This beauty has been next door since 1957.. I have only been in the neighborhood since 2003. The neighbor came over to have me do some work on her lawnmower. After the work was done she said she had no money to give me but that she did have an old bike that I could have. I told her I would charge her nothing... Thats what neighbors are for, but , I would look at the bike. Now here it is for you to look at...

Ane last but not least... Here we are at the grocery store today:

Wow! I think you owe her yard service for a few months!!!
Super sweet survivor!!!!

That,my friends,is what's called GOOD KARMA!...what goes around,comes around...couldn't happen to a nicer guy...good for you Goon! If you all haven't been down to the Wichita,Haysville,Derby,KS. area you really need to get down there for their events.This is an amazing bicycling community...swap,bar hops,garage hops & the BikeFest coming up later. These folks are just nuts for bikes & some of the most hospitable people on the planet.We go down to their events as much as possible 'cause we always have a blast.See you at the fest,Goon.Can't wait to see that beauty in person!...Pappy 8)

Back