Academy Sports Bike Sale!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I'm about an hour from Spartanburg SC. I think I will go pick up a Huffy Alpine for $44.95 and a Huffy Commuter for$57.99.Thanks. :D

Never heard of the store, always lived in NC and VA, oh well. For the price you could buy it and get the wheels/tires to put on another frame with extra parts. Those look like the tires on the cruisers at Walmart that are 26x2.35 that you can't buy off the bike.

yoothgeye said:
Never heard of the store, always lived in NC and VA, oh well. For the price you could buy it and get the wheels/tires to put on another frame with extra parts. Those look like the tires on the cruisers at Walmart that are 26x2.35 that you can't buy off the bike.

I bought one of the schwinns for that exact thing. I plan on using the fenders, crank, bars, for one thing then making something else out of the rest. I think I need a beer bike! :mrgreen:

wow they are getting cheap. gonna make it that much harder to flip used bikes.

jerrykr said:
wow they are getting cheap. gonna make it that much harder to flip used bikes.

There is already someone trying to sell a couple of those schwinns for $130 each on CL down here in San Antonio! :shock:

I looked at the tires on the Huffy Big Daddy and thought that they would look good on another bike I have, so I ordered a Big Daddy. Even with the shipping it still only came to a total of a shade over $92. I bought it on 3/31 and it was delivered today. This is probably the cheapest bike that I have ever had shipped however the packing job was hands down the best ... super! They packed the original Huffy factory box inside a larger one and then put air bag cushions in the spaces between the two boxes. It arrived in perfect shape, unlike my experiences with another bike a month or so ago. I had never had a bike shipped double boxed before. Just thought I would pass this on.

I bought the Big Daddy for $60 out the door. Seems like an OK bike for some modding. I liked the colors and tires(redlines and width). I did spray all the sheet metal flat black to match the powder coated frame, then ended up ditching the front fender altogether. The pedals, kickstand and grips are junk so they were the next to go. The rims are warped a little, but I plan on replacing them and adding a Sturmey Archer 3 speed hub and custom in frame HURST copy shifter. Pics soon to follow.

Back