Aggie Scrambler

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
As graduate of good old Texas A&M class of 03' I have yet to own a maroon car since that seems to be very common among Aggies. I have been wanting to do a maroon bike for a long time but could not decide on a theme for the bike until now. This should be a fun build and I will try to post updates after every game weekend until the end of the season.

I'm excited about this build because it was a random idea after I saw a bike that chuck painted in Aggie Maroon which looked awesome. The best part about this build is it will probably be my most inexpensive build because I have already have about 90% of the parts from in my stash.

First my inspiration.
harley-davidson883personalb_640x408.jpg

First thing that I needed to do was rebuild the 3 speed rear hub (it was a recycled one that needed some love). I was also going to order black spokes to build the rear wheel because I had a front wheel that was laced with black spokes but after digging around in storage I found a full set of SS so spoke color changed from black to SS. This is a result from this weekends work as I watch the Aggies Beat the Owls.

IMG_2353.jpg

Figured I would give and update, having 90% of the parts really doesn't mean much if you don't have the frame. I thought we had found a frame but not luck seems as the the frame i wanted its harder to get than I had imagined.

Luckly something better has come along, I have yet to work out the final details but it looks like I have a frame once i have the frame in hand I'll post it up. This new frame I think will be really cool. Now I'm debating if I should use a bendix stick shifter or just run the shifter up to the bars.

I have not rode on them but was told they are pretty smooth for a knobby cause of the big blocks and the round profile of the tire. Plus look awesome...pure '70's motocross!

Now I'm debating if I should use a bendix stick shifter or just run the shifter up to the bars.
maybe somekind of custom foot lever shifter on the down tube ? keeping the motorcycle vibe :p

Now its going to get moving, I picked up the frame this morning. I have to cut off a few tabs drop it of too have it stripped and lightly sand blasted and then paint.

Back