Allie Cat's "Daisy Mae" (pic intensive)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So my little princess turned 11 this week and she was way to big for her old 20" bike. She has extremely long legs and it just looked funny to see her ride and it was obviously uncomfortable so a search began! (oh, and she demanded it be a cruiser similar to Daddy's! :mrgreen: ). At first I scoured CL for a 24" bike but I never found any, although we both liked the very purple 24" LaJolla. However I was a bit afraid she'd outgrow it to quickly. Finally we agreed an adult 26" bike was the only way to go. Then the perfect ad popped up on CL for a Woman's 26" cruiser for $20. The pic looked good so I went clear over to Egypt to get it only to find out the seller knew nothing about bikes b/c it was clearly a 24" and WAY to small for my daughter! However that convinced me she most definitely needed an adult bike. There was only a couple of criteria that had to be met...it had to be a cruiser and it had to be purple!. I was able to find about 4-5 bikes that met those criteria and all of them affordable, but being like her daddy, she chose the cheapest. She reasoned it out by saying that I could add anything to it or fix anything to it that she might want later. Not bad.
The order was placed and we only had to wait about 4-5 days and then we got notice our packages had arrived at our neighbor's house. Hhmmm...."packages?"
P2030001.jpg

Everything looks ok...
Yep, right type of bike on the outside....
P2030002.jpg

Hey wait a minute...how big is this thing?
P2030003.jpg

Why does it need two BIG boxes?
P2030004.jpg

Could it be because they shipped me TWO complete bikes? :shock:
P2030006.jpg

I'll deal with that later :roll:
First things first, get the tools!
P2030009.jpg

Try out the new bike stand my wife got me for my birthday ...back in July! :oops:
P2030014.jpg

And get a noble assistant (Odysseus the dachshund)
P2030013.jpg

Now for dis-assembly and reassembly. No grease practically on any bearings (some before and after shots)
P2030021.jpg

after
P2030023.jpg

before
P2030022.jpg

after
P2030024.jpg

There's more of that sorta stuff but I'm rambling so I'll move along. :wink:
Did I mention it had to be a purple bike? Right down to its toes, uhmm, err, how about pedals?
P2030007.jpg

and seat...
P2030008.jpg

Finally finished after reassembly and adding some air to the tires. (complete w/ cup holder)
P2030025.jpg

Now for the test ride!
P2030028.jpg

P2030029.jpg

I think she's a happy camper!
P2030026.jpg

dragnusa said:
First id make sure they didnt charge you for both, nothing else you have spare parts for her bike in case anything happens with hers
I've checked the bank statements and there's been no extra money removed. The packing slips are identical, no extra shipping charges. All emails from the store only note one bike. But I think my guilty conscious is going to make me at least try and return the extra bike. We'll see how that turns out. :?

Good for you.

The devil on the one shoulder would tell me the corporate baddies deserved it, the angel on the other tells me, what would He do?

He....would ride a rat!

Perfect size for her, 24" would've been all wrong. I love that color combo.

My daughter (8 years old) is on a 20" bike, but my dad picked up a 24" womens mid 80s Murray cruiser at a yard sale, It's a bit too tall, but she can ride it. I'll see how she is on the 20" this summer and possible put her on that cruiser.

Back