Am I crazy? BMXs

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I think my subconscious may be trying to hurt me. My garage is getting full of '04 BMX bikes-Mine, not the kiddos. :roll:

It started with this '04 Diamondback Joker that my brother sent home with me at Christmas.
IMAG0969.jpg

Then a couple days ago my son's friend asked if I would be interested in buying his '04 Diamondback Viper. I needs a new rim in the back and a pair of tires, but it will be a quick sale at the Swap Meet.
IMAG0965.jpg

While I was at the BMX lbs down the street yesterday (looking for parts for the Viper) and the owner showed me this '04 Redline Recon that they took in on a trade. He threw a price at me and I left without the bike. It was on my mind all day yesterday and this morning. So shortly after they opened today I was back with some cash. We came to a price that I liked better than yesterday's price and I have another '04 in the garage. Might be swap meet bound as well.
IMAG0968.jpg

The two riders in the rack.
IMAG0967.jpg

I will bring ya some old ones to the swap meet :lol: :lol: :lol: I would still ride them if I could.. long gone are the days
of home made ramps. and crazy stunts.. but you still feel it everytime you sit on one. :lol:

There are only a couple BMX bikes I would like-

'87 GT Performer. The "rich kids" when I was in middle school had these and I was always jealous :oops:
2166527079_f4ca0fa0ed_z.jpg

'86 Diamondback Viper in Green- This was the first bike I ever bought with my own money. It was used and abused but I bought it. I miss it.
cimg0642_copy0_lg.jpg

BMX affliction !!! I'm constantly torn between all things BMX and anything Cruiser related. Not a bad place to be actually. Now I'm starting to collect bikes for my grandson's. Ages 3 yrs. and just born (3 days). Grandad's rule. Cool bikes by the way. Thanks for the post. Gary

I'm mostly bmx crazy and have been for a quite a while now. 12 complete bmx bikes reside in my 10'x12' home office. My addiction has only recently turned to include the cruisers/rats. My grandson is 7, races bmx and loves to ride, he rides his race bike or one of the vintage bmx bikes with me on 15+ mile rides every weekend that the weather is good. Ahhh precious moments. lol.

Back