Am I crazy...

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
.. for wanting to put Phil Wood hubs on my Bloody Red build? I Contacted them about making a skiptooth rear sprocket to fit one of their fixed hubs and if they can and are willing I might just do it.. My thinking is that this bike is heavy and i want it to roll as easy as possible with the best hubs/bearings made.. so am I crazy? HAHA

I've seen crazier :) I have a 8 tooth skip tooth track cog that's standard track thread if your interested let me know.
100_8415.jpg

Korporal said:
sensor said:
whats a phil wood hub?

and yes this is a serious post

http://www.philwood.com/

Widely considered to be the best rollers in the history of the universe.

Unless your going to be riding this bike really long distances or at silly high speeds, your nuts.
this will be my main means of transportation in philly

^^^I don't own a car and ride a el-cheapo 10 speed a minimum of 9 miles every day. It has bottom of the barrel Shimano hubs. I check their tightness every month when I check tire pressure, brakes, etc. They get repacked before and after the winter season here in Colorado.

Do you need them, no. But if you can afford Phil Wood, go for it. You will not be disappointed.

Back