Amazing Results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I paid for a European "eggcrate" grill for my new to me 93 Volvo back in April via Paypal to an unverified buyer. He was a dude on a Volvo message board, similar to this one but for cars. He says it will ship within 24 hours, then a week goes by, he says he was "out of town" and will ship it. Then nada. Nothing. No replies, no grill, nothing. I win the Paypal claim against him and recover 1.31 (his balance) so....I'm hosed.

Then, like two months later, he says his computer crashed and he will send it but needs my address....???....Ok. I send it. Nothing. No replies again. I threaten him with everyting I can think of short of cleaning his clock in person and nothing.

Then, yesterday I Cc: his wife's work email on a message requesting the status of the grill.

Paul,
I'll dig up the tracking number and let you know what happend to the package. I'll send you an email Wednesday with an update. Please, don't send emails to the "xxxxx..." address. That is a family member's work email.

:D :lol:

Where does the guy live? Maybe someone should pay him a visit.

I hate deadbeats like that. I'm going through a similar thing with an Ebay seller in Italy right now. I sent 65 Euros via Paypal several weeks ago ($105 US...stupid exchange rate!) and stopped hearing from her. I then opened a dispute with Paypal and I finally heard back. She claims she was in a car accident and was unable to respond. Who knows? Our email exchanges have been translated through Babelfish from English to Italian and vice-versa, so that only added to the weirdness of the situation.

It might have. His "Wednesday" (last Wed) reply never came, I emailed him only, no wife, twice, no reply. So this Wednesday I emailed both of them again - and pointed out what an intresting situation it was that she had a job placing classified ads at a newspaper - and he was defrauding people using classified ads. I asked if they wanted me to Cc: her boss on the next message.

I told him the next corespondence he would get was going to be a certified letter from my attorney, provided his name and mentioned that I would be sure and let the feds know he was using interstate phone lines to steal money.

This came back, so we'll see if my grill gets here now. It's only taken about 40 emails and 5 months. I don't get it. His Paypal account has to still be disabled from the claim...all over a $110 grill.

Paul,
I just dropped it off at the Post Office. It was sent Priority mail. They said it should arrive in 2 days. This was the fastest service that they offered. The delivery confirmation(tracking) number is:

Greg

Man I know what you mean!! Prior to RRBO2, I ordered a new 26" frame (the frame I'm using in RRBO3), from a web storefront based in California. I won't name any names, but I waited about four weeks and nothing ever showed. I knew I was in trouble when I sent him an e-mail and it came back undeliverable. I called his 800 number and it had been disconnected. I went on to plan B on RRBO2 with another old bike and didn't worry about it much after that. One day after several months had passed, I went back to his web site and noticed his web hoster had a contact icon at the bottom of the page. I sent them an e-mail and got a reply. They gave me another e-mail address for the guy. I recieved a message from him the next day. He apologized. He said he was exhibiting at a bike show when I originally placed the order and it had somehow fallen through the cracks. He offered to ship it out right away. I asked if I could pick it up from him? That freaked him out when I was from Alabama and he was in Los Angeles. I told him I was going to be out there on business and could swing by and pick it up. He agreed and when the time came I Nav'd my way to his warehouse and he refunded the frieght chages to my credit card and they boxed it up all nice and neat and I was on my way. I walked up to the Delta Airlines ticket counter in San Diego and checked it through as baggage and it arrived in one piece when we got to Atlanta. My advice is to always contact these guys in advance and at least get a reply before ordering anything from an unfimiliar website. Thanks!!!

Well, it got here in one piece, it of course isn't what I had been told I was getting, but pretty close. It doesn't fit the application I specified. Luckily I'm the kind of guy that expects that sort of thing, hey, at this point I'm suprised to have even received it. I'll do some custom "fitting" work and it should be ok. Good grief. :roll: :wink:

Latest posts

Back