AMC Girls Bike

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
sking1973 said:
I was thinking of finding a 26x2.125 rear coaster wheel and throwing that on the back and keeping the skinny wheel up front. If I go this route, I would like it to be noticable that there is a fatter tire on the back. Will it be?
Very. :|

I'm finally making some headway on this thing after more than a year. I took the wheels off another bike to put on it (if anyone is interested in a '48 Shelby Eagle girls bike minus wheels gimme a shout). When my Wife saw me painting the wheels white she wasn't so sure, but when she saw the final product she was sold. I've got some adjustments to make and some minor paint touch-up to do and it'll be ready for the beach.

P9140143.jpg

sking1973 said:

Stunning bike...would have never considered these colors but they are beautiful on this bike. Fantastic job. If you don't mind me asking, what kind of paint did you use and what method? My apologies if this has been covered already, I did not take the time to read the entire thread... sneaking a peak during work hours :wink:

Jake said:
Stunning bike...would have never considered these colors but they are beautiful on this bike. Fantastic job. If you don't mind me asking, what kind of paint did you use and what method? My apologies if this has been covered already, I did not take the time to read the entire thread... sneaking a peak during work hours :wink:

Thanks for the props! I actually used rattle can paint from Lowes. I believe it was Krylon. I KNOW it was the spray that dries in 10 minutes whatever brand that is. The green was called pistaccio. :D

I guess it's hard to tell, but that's what's on it now. The original bars where too far gone with rust to save the chrome. So I sanded, primed, and painted them. Now I just need to find some inexpensive white grips. As for the seat, my Mother used to do leatherwork and has dyes etc. I may try to darken up the leather to match the brown trim. I just need to make sure it's not something that's going to discolor clothes when you ride.

Hey everyone just bought an AMC flash bike just like the one posted!Does anyone have any history they can share with me about this bike!? Who made it?Any info would be great thanks!

This is a pic of it.

Welcome to the forum Lony. Your picture is not showing up for me. Here is a link to how to post images on this forum.

http://www.ratrodbikes.com/forum/index.php?threads/how-to-post-photos.80238/

I suggest posting a pic and your question as a new thread in the Bike ID & Valutaion section section (link below). You will likely get more info that way. Posting on someones older build thread does not always work well.

http://www.ratrodbikes.com/forum/index.php?forums/bike-i-d-valuation-questions.62/

Back