American & some more Old Girls

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I picked up another old girl last Sunday at the Mallroom. She is a 1950 CWC Western Flyer, and probably one of the best original paint bike I have ever seen. When I first saw her I thought it was just a good repaint job, but when I got down close I couldn't believe this original paint bike. The bars and dark blue NOS Hunt Wilde grips are replaced, and the seat has been recovered, but the rest is all original right down to the Western Auto Davis Deluxe tires, and even the red, white & blue Rocket Ray that I can't believe wasn't robbed off and sold on ebay like so many others.

DSC00460.jpg

Then Tuesday I picked up these three, a '63 American, '57 Jet Pilot and a nice 24" Formost. These are special to me because they all belonged to Chris Smedley the owner of the Bike Shack and a good friend to the classic, vintage, and RRB crowd here in KC. Chris passed on earlier this year from cancer. His step son Jason who is the primary mechanic at the Shack and now running things, offered these bikes to raise the money so he can buy and keep the shop. I am very pleased to be able to own a couple of Chris's personal bikes and also hopefully help Jason keep the shop.

DSC00454.jpg

DSC00457.jpg

DSC00459.jpg

Beautiful group of bikes. 8)

The Western Flyer is indeed a stunner!

:shock: That Western Flyer! Beautiful find.

That American is sweet too.. I have its red twin but that tone of blue is pretty uncommon on a men's bike. Looks good.

DSCF4053.jpg

Wwow!THose ladies bikes are super sweet!! The color combo on the western flyer is just Amazing! Even
though i loves me my many rat creations, sometimes you have to be in awe of such a beautiful original
classic. Enjoy that baby.

Really beutiful bikes, I like them all but as always eventhough it's a ladies bike I like the Murray made Foremost the most and a good reason to buy them

Great finds Marty! Even better that it is for a good cause! 8) The Western Flyer is amazing! :shock:

Latest posts

Back