AMF RoadMaster-Blaster

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A friend of mine gave me this AMF RoadMaster a couple of months ago. At the time I didn't know what I'd do with it. It looked like someone had put peanut butter in the bottom bracket and steerer tube. I figured I'd steal parts off of it for other projects until I got sick of the carcass sitting around and took it to the scrap yard.
5156585133_7d865ff498.jpg

After seeing member SalvageBeast's "Fat Rat Racer", however, I was inspired! The following is my take on the townie frame rat-rod. I rehab-ed it in one night using parts I had in the garage and the only thing new is the grease on the bearings.
5156569843_23eafd575b.jpg

There's about a 1 cm. clearance for the front tire and a little more than the back. It's actually a lot of fun to ride and gets some weird looks when it's parked out in front of the coffee shop!
5157174812_928f083b1c.jpg

My parents had matching Varsities when I was a kid. I'd kill for my dad's metallic green one today! I didn't know how cool it really was. I look forward to seeing pics of your bike!

Back