Anchors Aweigh AKA Fighting Checkmates - Riding toward the finish line!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Such a killer build and super photo too!!!!!
I agree with cropping the photo as TRM did for you voting pic.
Well done!

Contemplating ideas on how to utilize the fork's light mount so I'm hacking away at this old bracket from a generator light with a Dremel.
IMG20230724175246.jpg
IMG20230724180447.jpg
Would it look dumb to add a 2nd light?
I really was thinking about a functional horn but haven't found the right thing, or one that would get here in time.
IMG20230724220305.jpg
I removed the visor from this led light and had this cool grill from a cheapo generator light. Maybe I could super glue the grill to the rim? I don't know... I don't feel done quite yet. Really hoping for a miracle huckleberry find at the Royal Oak flea market this Sunday.
IMG20230724220444.jpg

Yay or nay on the 2nd light experiment?
View attachment 242911

I think if you didn't have the fender light, you could have tilted the bracket down so it followed the curve of the fender, and the grill light would then sit in place of the fender mounted light (approximately). Right now, the grill light kinda covers the headbadge. Can you tilt the bracket down and split the difference between where it sits and the lower light? Kinda stair step it, and see how that looks?

I think if you didn't have the fender light, you could have tilted the bracket down so it followed the curve of the fender, and the grill light would then sit in place of the fender mounted light (approximately). Right now, the grill light kinda covers the headbadge. Can you tilt the bracket down and split the difference between where it sits and the lower light? Kinda stair step it, and see how that looks?
I wish I would have came up with the fork bracket idea before I altered the fender. I wanted to find a cool old round bike horn to put where the black light is.
I may see how the black light looks on the fender too.
Here it is stair stepped
IMG20230726183443.jpg

I wish I would have came up with the fork bracket idea before I altered the fender. I wanted to find a cool old round bike horn to put where the black light is.
I may see how the black light looks on the fender too.
Here it is stair stepped View attachment 242912
Can you do a head-on shot as well, please? It seems to almost work, but I'm not sold on it. Maybe switch the lights? Large one below, and smaller on the bracket?

Thanks for the feedback, Bobby! I appreciate it. Now my photo shoot pics are obsolete 🤣
Not necessarily. Keep them, you may end up preferring the original setup. Just do a second shoot, and see what shakes out. I think a single light lokks best, either way.

Not necessarily. Keep them, you may end up preferring the original setup. Just do a second shoot, and see what shakes out. I think a single light lokks best, either way.
I agree, a single light rather than two. I like the coloring of the littler one, but also like the size and lense cover on the larger one.

Back